Legal Counsel – Commercial Equipment Lease Financing (Dell Financial Services)Round Rock, Texas, Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States 09/17/2019
Legal Counsel – Commercial Equipment Lease Financing
Location: Round Rock, TX or Hopkinton, MA
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
As you would expect from a global business that pushes the boundaries of innovation, the scope and scale of expertise we require from our Legal Counsel is staggering. Their expertise spans litigation, commercial and corporate transactions, IP, employment, immigration, compliance and regulatory matters. Their broad remit involves managing legal business matters, advising on legal issues affecting our business, coordinating outside counsel and reviewing legal data. The challenges are always evolving – and always fascinating.
Our Legal team is seeking a Legal Counsel to support our Dell Financial Services organization (DFS). DFS focuses on delivering value at every step of the customer experience. DFS' high degree of integration with Dell has enabled streamlining of the financing process for customers such as eliminating many manual, paper-oriented processes and delivering financing products and services online. This includes:
- DFS and Dell Account Team integration
- Technology road mapping and asset management to support customers' technology transition plans
- Web-enabled solutions from placing finance orders, viewing and accepting finance documentation, as well as obtaining information and reports to streamline the financing process for customers
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advises the Dell Financial Services stakeholders – including sales, finance, credit and operations – regarding a wide variety of commercial and regulatory topics
- Drafts and negotiates lease finance agreements and enterprise software license agreements in connection with the sale of products and solutions across the Dell Technologies family
- JD and 6+ years’ experience in a corporate, IP or commercial role
- Experience negotiating commercial lease finance transactions and experience with all laws and regulations governing commercial lease finance
- Experience in national or global law firm, or experience as in-house commercial counsel in a global company
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to serve as strong adviser to sales, be a solid team player and exercise sound business and legal judgment
- Ability to manage multiple projects, including transactional work and strategic projects, and set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Interest in technology and ability to master the basics of Dell’s products and solutions to enable the structuring of complex transactions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire and drive to continually grow and learn
- Experience within technology sector is a plus
- Experience with securitizations and syndications and/or consumer financial regulations would also be useful for this role
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
LIPRIORITYJob Family: Legal Job ID: R60214
Related Job Opportunities
- North America Commercial Contract Operations & Compliance Manager Texas
- Board Coordinator Texas
- Information Governance Program Owner Multiple Locations