To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Principal Software Engineer / SRE - Java - Secureworks - Atlanta, GA or Remote
Atlanta, GeorgiaApply Now
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™ www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
The SRE team delivers software, systems and processes focused on increasing and maintaining the reliability of its targeted applications that are making the move to a Cloud Container environment. Specifically, these are Java based data processing applications that touch over one billion security events a day.
- Design and implementation of code changes for reliability improvements
- Security monitoring, security event pipeline, health measurement and monitoring
- You will be creating and working with containers at scale in a production environment
- Will be responsible for build/test/deployment
- Performance testing, diagnostics and optimizations
- Availability measurement and diagnostics
- Automation of release and operational tasks for efficiency and consistency
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a Software Engineer
- Minimum of 4 years experience as SRE or DevOps Engineer
- Minimum of 4 years Java development
- Desire and aptitude to intentionally develop competency in all of the following disciplines: coding, building, testing, deploying, supporting
- AWS training or experience
- OpenShift / Kubernetes training or experience
- Experience transitioning from traditional virtual data center to a cloud environment
- Working knowledge of one or more of common scripting language(s) - Perl, BASH, Python, Go, NodeJS, etc
- Working knowledge of one or more of application analysis tools (e.g. profilers, stack trace analysis, etc)
- Working knowledge of Jenkins and/or Ansible
Secureworks, a Dell Technologies company, is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.
Job ID: R065031