Senior Contracts Advisor - Secureworks (Atlanta Office or Remote)Atlanta, Georgia 02/12/2020
Senior Contracts Advisor
Atlanta, GA/Remote possible
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™ www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
Secureworks Legal team is looking for an energetic and results-oriented Contracts Negotiator and Manager with experience in contract management, contract negotiations, and related operations and processes. We need an individual that wants to enhance their professional career by becoming a member of a dynamic, driven and creative Legal team supporting SaaS and cybersecurity services transactions. We are passionate about cybersecurity and are seeking a candidate who has the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced and exciting environment, and who excels in building relationships with internal business partners seeking guidance and support. If you are motivated to enhance your career and want the opportunity to join an innovative Legal team supporting Customer deals for a leader in the cybersecurity industry, we want to hear from you.
- Meet with internal clients to fully understand the business objectives and assess the risks arising out of a proposed SaaS or cybersecurity services transaction. Actively lead the Secureworks Sales team in negotiating with its Customers’ senior management, attorneys, and contract professionals. Serve as the primary point of contact during negotiations both for Customer representatives and internal Secureworks stakeholders.
- Review, edit, and draft responses to Customer-proposed terms and conditions; develop or facilitate development of contract templates and other tools to be used by Sales and the Legal team.
- Demonstrate the ability to advise Secureworks business teams and senior management and make recommendations about contractual risks presenting potential legal and business exposure to Secureworks.
- Identify risks; facilitate internal review of issues and obtain management/legal resolution. Exercise sound judgment in determining when issues require the involvement of other parts of the business or the Legal team.
- Work closely with sales and business support personnel, pricing, and other internal organizations to minimize or mitigate risk items between contract deal proposal and contract signature.
- Following execution of a Customer contract, provide front-line contractual support for interpretation, including working with Secureworks sales teams, senior management, and other members of the Legal team on potential disputes and accounting or revenue recognition issues.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Secureworks procedures, processes and policies, especially the Contracts Policy, Incoming Orders and Processing Policy, and the Secureworks Revenue Recognition Policy.
- Be knowledgeable of commercial contractual laws and practices within the Information Technology industry specially related to SaaS transactions and possess a working knowledge of Secureworks Solutions (products and services) and capabilities.
- College degree required.
- 5 years commercial contracting experience
- Ability to be available outside normal working hours on short notice
- Requires conceptual and innovative thinking (i.e. identifying solutions) ; able to articulate complex ideas both legal and technical in nature, internally and externally
- Must acquire an in-depth knowledge of Secureworks policies, organizational relationships and procedures, and acquire a working knowledge of Secureworks solutions (products and services)
- Excellent communication skills with ability to negotiate internally and externally at high levels; strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under short deadlines with minimal advance notice and minimal supervision; self-sufficient and independent
- Customer-facing and must present a positive and professional image to customers with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify legal issues and escalate them as appropriate to the relevant attorney
- JD degree
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.
Job Family: Secureworks Remote Job ID: R057432