Senior Principal Data Engineer, Machine Learning & Analytics - Secureworks - (100% US Remote)
Primary Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Senior Principal Software Engineer
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) a global cybersecurity leader, enables our customers and partners to outpace and outmaneuver adversaries with more precision, so they can rapidly adapt and respond to market forces to meet their business needs. With a unique combination of cloud-native, SaaS security platform and intelligence-driven security solutions, informed by 20+ years of threat intelligence and research, no other security platform is grounded and informed with this much real-world experience. www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated experienced Principal Software Engineer for our Network Analytics team. You'll play a key role in developing new analytics and data processing capabilites for Taegis, Secureworks new XDR software platform. You will have a passion for clients and technology and will work in an agile environment building business critical, highly available, reliable and performant applications and services to help safeguard the digital progress of our customers.
You'll get the chance to:
- Design and develop new functionality for our security event processing products that runs at scale.
- Create new analytics to detect threat actor activity based on a wide variety of telemetry.
- Improve existing products to increase the security detection effectiveness and performance for our customers.
- Deliver solutions that help our customers resolve security-related issues faster.
- Work directly with architects and security experts as you craft solutions.
- Work with a small, entrepreneurial team and make a difference.
- Contribute to our move to more modern design patterns (containerization, elasticity) and operational models (DevOps, CI/CD).
- Conduct code reviews.
- Explore emerging technologies and quickly adapt, building innovative solutions.
- Deploy software, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in data engineering, data modeling, ETL development, or data warehousing.
- Minimum of 2 years of Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence techniques to solve business challenges.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience of software engineering in Go Lang, Java or Scala.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with big data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase, etc).
- Experience with Amazon AWS.
- Information security domain experience or knowledge.
- Good working knowledge of data modeling & SQL.
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration solutions such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
- Design and development of Web services is desirable.
- Experience with stream-processing systems, such as Flink, NiFi/StreamSets, Kafka, Storm/Heron, or Spark.
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.
Job ID: R092257