Senior Software QA Automation Engineer – Secureworks – Austin, TX, Atlanta, GA or RemoteAustin, Texas, Atlanta, Georgia, United States;Remote - Alabama, United States;Remote - Arizona, United States;Remote - California, United States (All Other);Remote - Colorado, United States;Remote - Connecticut, United States (All Other);Remote - Delaware, United States;Remote - District of Columbia, United States;Remote - Florida, United States;Remote - Georgia, United States;Remote - Idaho, United States;Remote - Illinois, United States;Remote - Indiana, United States;Remote - Iowa, United States;Remote - Kentucky, United States;Remote - Maine, United States;Remote - Maryland, United States (COUNTY - All Other);Remote - Maryland, United States (COUNTY - Charles, Prince Georges, Montgomery);Remote - Minnesota, United States;Remote - Mississippi, United States;Remote - Missouri, United States;Remote - Nevada, United States;Remote - New Hampshire, United States;Remote - New Jersey, United States;Remote - New Mexico, United States;Remote - New York, United States (All Other);Remote - New York, United States (NY Metro);Remote - North Carolina, United States;Remote - North Dakota, United States;Remote - Ohio, United States;Remote - Oklahoma, United States;Remote - Oregon, United States;Remote - Pennsylvania, United States;Remote - Rhode Island, United States;Remote - South Carolina, United States;Remote - South Dakota, United States;Remote - Tennessee, United States;Remote - Texas, United States;Remote - Utah, United States;Remote - Virginia (COUNTY - Alexandria, Arlington, Falls Church, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William);Remote - Virginia (COUNTY - All Other);Remote - Washington, United States;Remote - West Virginia, United States;Remote - Wisconsin, United States;Remote - Wyoming, United States 05/21/2019
Senior Software Quality Assurance/Automation Engineer – Secureworks
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and support they need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
As a Sr QA Automation Engineer, you will be a key member of an exciting new product development initiative. You will be responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining the Automated Testing Framework as well as performing software testing in a multi-platform environment using cutting-edge technology, including Cloud services and microservices. We protect our customers by disrupting attacker tradecraft so we can deny them access to the networks we protect. This is a challenging and also very rewarding position where interesting projects in security are implemented in order to protect our clients from Internet intrusions.
The ideal applicant must have strong communication skills, solid analytical and problem solving skills and in-depth knowledge of QA automation frameworks, automated testing strategy, software debugging, as well as end-to-end testing both black and whitebox strategies. The applicant must be highly motivated and willing to work in a team environment with very talented individuals on complex, early-stage development projects.
- Defining and automating end-to-end test cases and incorporating use case scenarios that will help on continuous deployment.
- Debugging and defining issues based on end-to-end testing
- Scale and performance tests
- Installing, configuring and maintaining automated testing framework
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have programming experience with Python, Java, or similar language
- Must have Linux Shell Scripting experience
- 5+ years of developing, deploying and maintaining QA automated testing frameworks
- 2+ years of experience in automated testing on Linux and Cloud based applications
- Strong Automation background. Experience with REST API calls is required
- Strong Linux background (system level)
- Experience in load testing tools (JMeter, Grinder, Gatling, Locust) and ability to define performance metrics
- Cloud Experience (AWS, GCP – experience with at least one of these is required)
- Experience working in Container and/or other microservices environments
- Experience working on Agile/Scrum development teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
- Good communication and organizational skills and experience working in team environments
- Preferred Skills and Experience
- Understanding of different data types (JSON, SYSLOG) is a big plus
- ETL and Hadoop experience is a big plus
- DevOps tools development experience is a big plus
- Experience with TFS or GIT and other development automated build and code repository frameworks
- Austin, TX; DC Metro; or Atlanta, GA a plus, but can be remote
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworkshere.
LIPRIORITYJob Family: Remote Engineering Secureworks Job ID: R65709
Related Job Opportunities
- Asset Management Customer On-boarding Lead - U.S. Remote with 25% -50% travel Texas
- Senior Asset Management Customer On-boarding Specialist - U.S. Remote with 25% - 50% travel Multiple Locations
- Sr Partner Systems Engineer Multiple Locations