Senior Presales Engineer UDSAuckland, New Zealand, Remote - New Zealand 05/14/2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Service Desk Analyst.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
We seek professionals who have a true passion for technology, who take charge and make an impact solving customer needs. Specifically, we seek a Pre-Sales technical specialist to service accounts as part of our Unstructured Data Specialist Systems Engineer Team. The Pre-Sales specialist is a highly technical professional possessing in-depth knowledge of the storage industry as well as specialized knowledge of the UNIX and Windows file systems and the IP networking environment. The ideal candidate will demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise pertaining to Ethernet based storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, object based solutions, and competitive storage offerings in the NAS/Object product space. The Pre-Sales specialist is a partner in the sales process contributing heavily to the creation of sales strategy and tactics.
Role & responsibilities:
- Emphasis is placed on Scale-Out NAS and Scale-Out Object targeting the creation of a data repositories for solutions around machine learning, deep learning, AI and other analytics workflows.
- Activities include but are not limited to presentations/white boarding, solution demonstrations, account management, assisting customers with evaluations and benchmarks, timely follow-up to Dell EMC account teams, customer inquiries and building system configurations.
- The ultimate goals of the Specialist SE are to position the correct solution based on customer requirements and getting the technical win.
- Post-sales support is typically handled through the Dell EMC Customer Service organization however the Pre-Sales specialist may be called upon to assist with problem resolution as necessary. Pre-Sales specialist may also be called on to assist with trade and marketing shows such as Dell EMC Forums
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years minimum experience supporting the sale of enterprise storage, networking, or systems solutions to large enterprise accounts and data centres
- Systems Engineering support for Sales Representatives
- Ability to demonstrate solutions to customers/potential customers as part of a sales campaign
- Ability to support and manage a customer proof-of-concept promoting key feature functionally and/or performance which differentiates DellEMC from other industry solutions
- Knowledge of industry benchmarking standards and performance tuning/sizing (vdbench, fio, COSbench)
- Ability to translate technical features into tangible customer business benefits
- Preparation and delivery of technical product and architecture presentation at a CxO level
- Develop technical solutions to customer business issues including and identifying new technologies or technologies outside of DellEMC products and solutions
- Contribute to meeting revenue targets by providing pertinent, timely and on-going customer technical information flow
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Contribute to building 'Best Practices' among peers in sales and systems engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience
- Specialized knowledge of UNIX OS, NFS file systems and UNIX distributed network environment
- Knowledge of Windows Server (Active Directory) and SMB file systems
- Knowledge of object storage access methodologies such REST, Https, Swift and S3
- Ethernet, TCP/IP, general networking knowledge
- Understanding of the architecture, design and implementation of multi-tiered storage solutions
- Knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures.
Working knowledge within any of the following specific areas is considered a plus:
- DellEMC Isilon Systems solutions (file storage)
- DellEMC Elastic Cloud Storage (object storage)
- NAS and Object based solutions competitive to DellEMC including cloud offerings
- Back-up, Recovery and Archive technologies
- Hadoop/HDFS knowledge.
- Machine learning, Deep learning application knowledge (eg HPC architectures, TensorFlow, Caffe2)
- Experience in media and entertainment solutions
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
This is a high performance and high demand technical selling role.Job Family: Pre-Sales Engineering Sales Job ID: R68872
Related Job Opportunities
- Dell Boomi Presales Engineer – Auckland, New Zealand Multiple Locations