Account Executive - Houston, TXHouston, Texas, Austin, Texas, United States 02/03/2020
Company: Dell Technologies
Division: Dell EMC, Modern Data Center Division
Position: Account Executive, Enterprise
Location: Houston or Austin, TX
Do you like to win? Our Dell Technologies team is a powerful team offering a simplified technology sales strategy. With the ability to sell a suite of IT solutions from one company, you can offer a full customized package to your clients without barriers. The inter-connectivity between all of Dell Technologies will enable not only your sales growth but career growth as well. If you are at the height of your sales career and want to find a place that will offer stability and tenure then, “Think Dell!”
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Are you an Account Executive who has had successful experience in storage and data center markets? How about working in a complex sales model? If so, we want you to talk to you about joining our Modern Data Center Sales Team. Sales Professionals on our Enterprise team have significant upside opportunities within their customer base and in their career growth within Dell. Being part of Dell Technologies, Dell EMC, sales organization means you will find stability, collaboration, and most importantly, a long-term, positive financial future with an amazing company culture.
What is our sales team’s secret to success? Apply today to learn more about the Dell EMC team of Dell Technologies!
What Makes This Opportunity Exciting?
This role is focused on hunting and farming sales opportunities to penetrate large accounts focused on promoting EMC Converged Platform solutions. Additional responsibilities include:
- Thoroughly understand and articulate the Division strategy, technical direction, capabilities and product solutions resulting in the ability to collaborate on all sales campaigns, respond quickly and effectively to RFP’s and to deliver technical and business presentations to all levels of decision makers
- Extensive coordination with finance to ensure cost proposals, cost models, rate structures and profit margins are correct, current and in compliance with Dell EMC standards
- Ensure value proposition meets the customer’s requirements and can be delivered within the proposed scope.
- Responsible for account and industry analysis, complex problem resolution and communication between clients, sales, management, and Federation sales teams. Design, develop, and deliver reports to senior leaders and executive level clients.
- Identify, evaluate, recruit and manage resources needed to successfully lead sales campaigns.
How your experience will help you hit the ground running:
Expertise in complex sales campaigns focused on data center solutions. Highly organized and seasoned sales expert with exceptional relationship development skills coupled with a history of consistent goal achievement within a highly resource-matrixes environment. Additionally:
- Experience and desire to work in a highly autonomous environment.
- Must have highly effective communication and presentation skills.
- Detailed, measurable experience in negotiating sales contracts.
- 7+ years of prominent, enterprise account management experience. Must have at least 3+ years leading cross-functional resource teams resulting in quota attainment of $7+M.
- Technical sales experience in the data center infrastructure market is extremely desirable.
- Excellent pipelining/forecasting/resource management/relationship management skills are essential to success.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
From developing brand new accounts to driving expansion across existing accounts, our Direct Sales team transforms opportunity into action every day. Whether focusing on a geographical area, product line, industry, channel or market segment, their goal is the same: to develop relationships with the end-users of the organization and generate meaningful sales. They are the direct line between our ground-breaking portfolio of product solutions and the desks of satisfied customers.
The Modern Data Center Division
The Modern Data Center Division (MDC) of Dell EMC, leads the industry by offering an unmatched portfolio of converged infrastructure and hyper-converged infrastructure platforms, trusted by over 1,000 businesses and enterprise organizations around the globe to power their IT initiatives.
Think you’re up to the challenge of MDC? We’re experiencing dramatic and unprecedented growth worldwide. It’s no surprise considering that we’re the company driving the future of Converged Infrastructure and Cloud Computing. It’s an industry with over $400 billion at stake and no one is better positioned for continued success than Dell EMC. Take your career to the next level and join our collaboration of bold thinkers who are developing the world’s most advanced converged infrastructure.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Outside-Sales Job ID: R057168