Associate, Customer Engineer-GSAPApply Now Job ID 188857BR Date posted 09/13/2017
GSAP Associate Customer Service Engineer I
At Dell, we are committed to bringing innovation to people everywhere and organizations of all shapes and sizes so they can transform and thrive in the digital economy.
As the Associate Customer Service Engineer with Dell, your primary responsibility will be to visit customer sites to perform break-fix operations and assure customer satisfaction through prompt case closure and customer communication
You will also be responsible for the following:
The Global Services Associate Program (GSAP) hires candidates locally and trains them centrally. As an Associate Customer Service Engineer (ACSE I), you are developed through a structured program that combines intensive training and on-the-job mentored experience. This intensive role based-training includes
- An introduction to the storage industry, best practices and methodologies and the Dell way of doing business.
- Hands-on work with Dell products and platforms, operating systems and storage infrastructure tools.
- The opportunity to gain technical certifications, both Dell and industry-wide
- Learn, understand and begin routinely performing the following customer engineering responsibilities: Installation and servicing Dell hardware & software under the guidance of an assigned mentor
- Learn the basics of an install cycle: Performance of pro-active maintenance according to established procedures, adherence to proper escalation procedures and keys to success
- Perform part replacements as directed by the technical support lab. This includes the timely and accurate submission of all associated documentation, part return within 24 hours of the event
- Close all cases at the completion of an event
- Assure complete customer satisfaction at the assigned accounts by adherence to the following: Prompt onsite arrival time, technical expertise, knowledge of customer environment, professionalism, and periodic visits as needed
- Lift up to 30 lbs. when necessary
- Travel, be on call at select times, work OT hours and have a reliable automobile to arrive at customer locations
- How one of the world’s largest technology companies serves its customers through timely communication and best in class service
- How to be a productive team member on a virtual, globally dispersed team that is leading and influencing all aspects of our candidate experience and employment brand worldwide.
- How to lead through influence.
- You have an Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline and up to 2 years of relevant work experience.
- You understand the importance of a strong sense of urgency, communicating effectively and having a keen attention to detail.
- You love working with others and solving problems. Innovation is intriguing to you and you do all things with high integrity.
- You like to have fun and approach your work with passion and enthusiasm.
- You understand the importance of doing things for the greater good and you are inclusive and approachable to those around you.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Life at Dell
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.