Business Operations Consultant, Engineering Financial ManagementAustin, Texas 12/02/2019
Business Operations Consultant, Engineering Financial Management
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Business Operations Consultant, Engineering Financial Management on our Client Engineering team in Austin, Texas.
Innovative projects that deliver cutting edge results do not run themselves. Project and Program Management within Business Support ensure projects run seamlessly, from start to finish. Our team manages projects or leads others managing projects — ensuring cross-functional teams work collaboratively and effectively. We oversee initial plans, set budgets, track project activities and communicate milestones to key stakeholders.
- Typically responsible for large sized or complex projects and significant components of multiple projects
- Impact is on multiple functions or processes and could have global impact.
- Makes decisions on resource procurement and allocation
- Tracking responsibility and management support for a large, complex budget
- Identifies and allocates resources as necessary to ensure deliverables are met
- Evaluates and implements best practices techniques that ensure goal achievement
- Influences and manages continuous improvement of project/program process, practices and initiatives
- Maintains in-depth awareness of industry trends, business conditions and internal processes and practices to meet program delivery requirements
- Balances books and prepares balance sheet reviews for business leadership
- Supports the development of reports of expenditures for projects and business operations
- Manages business operations financial risks
- Leads the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report business expenditures and forecasts
- Ability to lead large project teams
- Ability to communicate clearly and present at the senior leadership levels
- Resource management
- Solution design ability
- Change agent
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Advanced communication, problem solving and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Expert knowledge of accounting principles and analytical experience
- Expert ability to multi-task
- Attention to accuracy
- Sense of urgency
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you share our passion for data and you’re keen to play a key role in driving progress, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Business-Support Professional-Services Job ID: R047080
Related Job Opportunities
- CMF Engineering Intern 2020 - Austin, TX DellDesign Texas
- Analyst, Business Intelligence - Marketing Content Developer Multiple Locations
- Senior Manager, Global Knowledge Management KCS & Taxonomy (Onsite in Austin/Round Rock TX or Hopkinton MA preferred) Multiple Locations