Commercial Associate Systems Engineer (GSAP)Washington, District of Columbia, Austin, Texas, United States;Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States;Nashville, Tennessee, United States;New York City, New York, United States;Santa Clara, California, United States;Seattle, Washington, United States 05/08/2019
GSAP Commercial Presales
Associate Systems Engineer-I
About Your Role
As an Associate Systems Engineer (ASE I), you will participate in the Global Services Associate Program (“GSAP Program”) to acquire the skills and knowledge to become great at your daily job responsibilities. You will be provided with the training and mentoring to set a firm foundation for your entry into a career in DELL EMC’s Presales organization. This skillfully curated, role-based training includes an introduction to the data center industry, best practices and methodologies and the DELL EMC way of doing business. After the first 8 weeks of onsite training, you will join and collaborate with your team of more senior systems engineers in the important pre-sale development of technology solutions and provide technical expertise in support of Presales activities, as well as responses to information requests and proposals (RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs) as required. We will continue to provide you resources, tools, and training to attain working knowledge within an assigned practice specialty. At all points in your GSAP journey, you will have the support of your manager, your mentor(s), other systems engineers, peer specialty sales groups, and regional leadership.
About Dell EMC Commercial Presales
We are a global organization of dedicated technical solution designers and well-trained product advisors with a love for supporting our customers’ success. We come from engineering, liberal arts, and sales backgrounds, and we partner with other specialists from our family of companies to guarantee the best service and solutions for our clients. We are thought leaders who innovate together as a community, and we are connected by a global leadership that is focused solely on supporting and enabling our systems engineers. Those who join us have a track record that demonstrates they are passionately curious, supportive in teams and to customers, and have the tenacity to problem solve. If this is you, then we invite you to apply!
What You’ll Do
- Create long-term professional and personal relationships with customers, partners, and teammates to facilitate effective information exchanges with the goal of enabling customer transformations that drive human progress
- Serve as Trusted Advisor to customers, partners, and teammates by performing effective discovery of technical and business requirements, processing the data objectively, and designing the most effective data center infrastructure solutions
- Collaborate with teammates, partners, and customers, encouraging different points-of-view and ensuring diversity of thought in the technical sales process of driving towards a recommended solution
- Think creatively to design data center solutions that encompass the breadth of the Dell Technologies portfolio while addressing identified business challenges and providing the desired business outcome
- Demonstrate passionately curious about learning; specifically, commit to learning the Dell Technologies data center infrastructure portfolio, competitive offerings, general IT changes, combined with customer and industry trends
- Complete administrative and documenting technical sales tasks
- Capably communicate to groups of varying size by leveraging tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, web conferencing, and white boarding
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (Information Technology, ITM, MIS, Technology, etc.) or a major that demonstrates your technical aptitude (Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Math, Applied Sciences, etc.)
- Your previous roles have been any combination of the following: 1 year in Presales, 2 to 3 years in IT, or 2 to 3 years in roles that were technically focused, highly focused on customers, required problem solving and/or innovation, and/or demonstrated ability and preference for learning.
- You have a proven track record that demonstrates your behavioral attributes and willingness to learn.
- Ultimately, you are a person with a passion for problem solving and a bias towards innovation, and we want you here at Dell EMC Commercial Presales.
Related Job Opportunities
- Firmware Engineer 1 Texas
- Systems Consultant (Sales Engineer), Global Accounts, Remote New York
- Microsoft Active Directory Engineer Multiple Locations