Director - Cloud Product Management Services (Austin / Round Rock, TX)Round Rock, Texas, Austin, Texas, United States 11/08/2019
Director - Cloud Product Management Services (Austin / Round Rock, TX)
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. And we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees, and provide them with growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as part of our team.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- Apply broad knowledge of our product/service capabilities to identify new product areas, new technology, and emerging product/service opportunities
- Oversee and drive products/ solutions through the phased release or solutions release process including business case and resource requirements
- Develop and manage the product portfolio roadmap and scope opportunities and obtain appropriate funding for new programs
- Work across all functional areas, gathering inputs, updating product plans and roadmaps, and communicating the impact of product/ solution decisions to all stakeholders
- Collaborate with other Product Managers, BU Leaders, and Engineering/ R&D leaders to align product strategies into comprehensive portfolios for the business unit
12 years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree, or 8 years with a Master’s, or equivalent experience; Experience to include:
- Experience developing/launching products/technologies within one or more of the following: Cloud infrastructure, software as a service, big data, development and operations, or artificial intelligence/machine learning
- Advanced technology/engineering skills relating to design, test, and quality
- Substantial knowledge of Product Management and Engineering Development methodologies
- Experience creating strategic product roadmap(s) and working with cross-functional teams
- Understanding the Offer Lifecycle Process (OLP)
- Knowledge of the Scrum/Kanban agile methodology
- Familiar with Technical Support operations and organization
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.Job Family: Information-Technology Job ID: R042275
Related Job Opportunities
- Senior Software Engineer Texas
- Solution Architect - Enterprise Business Intelligence & Analytics (EBIA) - Digital-IT Multiple Locations
- Product Manager Texas