To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Director of Product Support - Secureworks - Austin, TX or Remote
Austin, TexasApply Now
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™ www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
We are looking for a Director of Product Support with experience designing and delivering an excellent customer experience. You will be responsible for quickly building then leading a world-class team to support our product ensuring customer delight. Familiarity with computer security and low-level kernel code all the way to modern distributed systems is a definite plus to provide powerful leadership and drive business forward on a cutting edge technology stack. You will work in a fast-paced, startup-like environment with a cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists, and security experts. Join us to invent new ways of processing security data and help us provide a world class customer experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product technology visions, and fostering effective support and engineering practices and culture. This will include influencing product strategy, developing scalable support solutions, helping onboard new customers, optimizing workflows, and providing technical implementation services to our users. In this role, you will also work closely with internal teams to create and streamline business and operational processes, develop detailed documentation, process diagrams and user journey audits, and increase the overall efficiency of how we implement and support our products. The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services from scratch in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Attract, excite, and retain a geographically distributed team of best-in-class software support engineers. Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management and coaching.
- Provide technical leadership in the creation of a world-class support team, who are empathetic, accurate, compassionate, responsive, resourceful, and conscientious.
- Create and maintain a body of technical documents and knowledge base articles that convey technical jargon to a wide-variety of audiences from beginner level users to developers and integrators.
- Collaborate with engineering, product management, and design on new features, applications, and systems to delight our customers and improve the quality and supportability of our software. Communicate pain points experienced by our end users and suggestions on how to address them.
- Provide critical feedback and rapid response capabilities with engineering to address critical customer issues spanning from low-level agents to multi-cloud SaaS.
- Drive positive change in terms of streamlining processes, improving efficiency, and implementing key performance metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong technical credentials with at least 8 years leading software and/or support teams.
- Experience in Golang, C/C++, and/or Angular Typescript with a mastery of object-oriented and functional programming.
- Expertise with microservice architectures leveraging REST or gRPC APIs.
- Experience with SaaS, SLAs, and 24/7 uptime requirements.
- Effective oral and written communications skills with experience presenting to executive teams.
- Flexibility, thinking on your feet, and strong problem solving skills.
- Keen sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize problems, analyze, and resolve issues.
- Prior experience managing geographically distributed operations teams in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience with user mode or kernel mode device driver development.
- Experience with big data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase, etc) or containers/orchestrators (e.g. Docker, rkt, Kubernetes, Mesos).
- Experience securing and architecting multi-tenant systems.
- Experience with networks, routing, VPCs, WAFs, CDNs, and VPNs.
- Familiarity with packet captures, network flows, log data, malware analysis, etc.
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.Job ID: R056688