Director of Unified Partner RTM Planning - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Austin,Texas
The Director of Unified Partner RTM Planning has global accountability for driving effective GTM strategies, through robust GTM initiatives and rigor based financial planning of VMware’s Partner Routes-To-Market.
This is a strategy and planning focused position. The ideal candidate is a talented business leader with an exceptional track record of driving growth through development of strategic GTM initiatives and robust financial plans, across complex Partner routes. The role requires experience working with sales, finance, a deep understanding of the field and partner routes, confirmed GTM/financial planning track record, and outstanding performance in a matrixed environment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the successful development and landing of GTM program strategies and plans aligned with business growth initiatives xRTM
(Global Partners, Distributors, Solution Providers, VCPP, Telcos, Hyperscalers, MSPs,etc.).
- Influence and drive cross functional alignment with executive leaders within VMware, resulting in joint accountability and successful adoption of Financial Plans, which will be foundational for VMware transforming to a Partner first approach to driving Saas/Subscription.
- Closely work with various partner RTM leaders, finance leadership and sales leadership to develop AOP and investments across different RTMs, growth strategies and investment requirements.
- 15+ years’ experience in partner sales/sales strategy/sales planning in a leadership role.
- Project and Program Management Skills: Experience in strategizing, estimation, planning, design, and implementation of Sales/Partner transformation efforts at software companies. Effective in influencing and making high quality decisions and taking decisive action
- Leadership Management: Strong experience driving Sales planning/transformation initiatives that involved working with Senior Sales Leaders (at Sr. Director, VP/GM level) to influence, drive alignment and successfully execute.
- Process Improvement Skills: Ability to analyze poorly defined areas and processes within a cross-functional organization. Effective in implementing new and improved processes
- Business Leadership Skills: Strong, team-oriented leadership skills. Able to frame and confront issues and make tough decisions. Self-directed with strong initiative
- Communication Skills: Exceptionally strong communicator equally adept at communications strategy and execution, with the ability to craft a full range of clear, high-impact communications. Ability to communicate in an open and authentic manner in all situations
Influencing and Interpersonal Skills: Able to establish and build close working relationships. Strong personal credibility and counseling skills. Team-oriented planner and decision-maker. Able to creatively drive consensus
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Strategic Planning
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-06
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2108700