IaaS / Cloud Solution and Automation Development Engineer, in Austin / Round Rock, TXRound Rock, Texas, Austin, Texas, United States 11/08/2019
IaaS / Cloud Solution and Automation Development Engineer, in Austin / Round Rock, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees, and provide them with growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a member of our team in Round Rock.
Our Application Delivery Engineering Team within our Infrastructure, Platform and Engineering (IPE) global organization is seeking an Application Delivery Automation Development Engineer. In this role you will assist with the development of an automation framework that will deliver Load Balancing & DNS as a Service. You also will be engaged with Application Teams working within CI/CD context helping deliver scalable, continuous and rapid deployments of new services. Additionally, you will look at traditional repetitive processes as an opportunity for automation.
- Develop and engineer automation services for our Load Balancing & DNS infrastructure
- Identify new initiatives providing guidance on emerging automation technologies
- Collaborate with client/customers, infrastructure, engineering, and applications teams, to improve Load Balancing & DNS as a Service experience
- Engineer and maintain Ansible playbooks and other automation orchestration tools
- Independently take tasks from concept to completion, using excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills to work within a team and with other teams
8 years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree, or 6 years with a Master’s degree;
Experience to include:
- Cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google, VMware Cloud) and Cloud configuration automation (Ansible AWX, Ansible Tower, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Containers and serverless computing technologies (Cloud Foundry, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Hands on experience with REST APIs and JSON
- CI/CD pipelines tools such as Jenkins, or GitLab / Puppet / Saltstack / Java JSON
- Experience working within a large enterprise network environment and providing solutions that support applications of all types
- Experience in UNIX or Linux Operating Systems
- Deep knowledge in LAN/WAN technologies, network protocols, and
- Strong knowledge and experience in monitoring tools along the lines of Wireshark / HTTPWatch / Fiddler
- Advanced to expert level knowledge of F5 GTM, LTM platforms; and of DNS & DHCP (Bluecat, Infoblox)
- Virtual networking (Vmware NSX, VPCs, etc.)
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits and growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can take IT project management to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Information-Technology Engineering Job ID: R045185
Related Job Opportunities
- Principal Software Engineer Multiple Locations
- Mechanical Senior Engineer, Modular Datacenters, Extreme Scale Infrastructure (ESI) Texas
- Senior Software Engineer Texas