Inventory Control AdvisorAustin, Texas 08/13/2019
Inventory Control Advisor
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a advisor on our inventory control team in Austin, TX.
When you’re creating technology for a changing world, you need to know where you stand in terms of your inventory. Our Inventory Management team within Materials and Procurement takes charge of the security and accountability of our inventory by documenting transactions, verifying processes and procedures and reviewing systems. We conduct physical inventories and lead cycle counts, correcting discrepancies where possible. We also audit incoming and outgoing shipments to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Establishes, monitors and improves processes for controlling and accurately reporting inventory
- Performs trend analysis on inventory management and communicates and drives resolution to any issues affecting inventory performance
- Provides proactive communication for material issues to management and customers
- Completes and presents financial impact analysis
- Analyzes, interprets and disseminates data, and identifies trends and courses of action
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
Bachelor’s degree in operations, finance, accounting or a related field
Strong analytical skills to interpret and communicate complex data into summaries and actions and drive process improvement
Advanced Excel skills
Good presentation skills required; comfortable presenting to executives
Attention to detail
Power BI, Access, Oracle
Knowledge of accounting / finance
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re skilled at analyzing data and identifying trends, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Manufacturing Job ID: R028150
Related Job Opportunities
- Sr. Advisor, Material Planning Role Texas
- Supply Chain Manager, Networking Multiple Locations
- Senior Analyst, Purchasing Texas