Lead Software Architect / Technical Leader: Endpoint Sensors - Secureworks - Austin, TX; Atlanta, GA; US RemoteAustin, Texas, Remote - Georgia, United States;Remote - Maryland, United States (COUNTY - All Other);Remote - North Carolina, United States;Remote - Texas, United States 01/13/2020
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™ www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
Our Red Cloak Architecture team is looking for a lead software architect with deep knowledge of Windows, Linux, and/or MacOS internals to drive the next-generation endpoint capabilities of our new product offerings, which you can explore here. You will work in a fast-paced, startup-like environment with an experienced, cross-functional team of software engineers, data scientists, and security experts to develop our next generation endpoint sensor that seamlessly integrates with our cloud-native security analytics platform. As a lead architect, you will work closely with the Red Cloak engineering leadership, especially the Chief Architect, on steering our endpoint sensors strategy and execution. If you love computer security and digging into complex engineering challenges, then we want your help securing human progress!
The ideal candidate will have a computer science background with an emphasis on operating systems and computer security. Your focus will be on formulating the technical direction and overall architecture for our Windows, Linux, and MacOS agents. Many features cut across OS subsystems such as collecting telemetry from processes, networking, and file systems. Your leadership will be used to design and build these three agents in order to deliver security by building on proven, pre-existing mechanisms inside each operating system in order to minimize its footprint. The agent has shared components across multiple platforms, so experience across Windows and *nix system-level development is critical. With a background in kernel and driver development, we expect most will have extensive experience with C/C++, but experience with Golang is also important and will be heavily utilized.
- Provide technical leadership across the Red Cloak sensor teams on the architecture, strategy, and development of next generation threat detection and response capabilities.
- Coordinate closely with your peers: Red Cloak Product Managers within the sensor product portfolio, as well as other Technical Leads / Architects across the full back- and front-end product areas.
- Own feature development for our cross-platform sensor from design to delivery with high concurrency and reliability requirements and low/no impact to end users.
- Design and implement software with cross platform deliverables (Windows, macOS, Linux).
- Recommend and develop new product concepts and capabilities.
- Triage, reproduce, debug, and fix issues identified in the product.
- Secure deployed code, update processes, and communication paths against potential attackers that aim to hijack highly privileged applications.
- Build tools to support team efficiency and contribute to test automation.
- Lead projects efficiently while maximizing performance and minimizing costs.
- Ensure high standards are being followed when it comes to design, coding quality, along with unit and component testing.
- Work effectively on a geographically distributed team to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in software development for enterprise-class applications.
- 2+ years experience leading the design and technical direction of low-level systems and data driven applications.
- Extensive experience with low-level systems programming for Windows, Linux, and/or MacOS using Golang or C/C++.
- User mode or kernel mode device driver development experience. Knowledge of hooking and filtering.
- Excellent debugging skills (lldb, gdb, WinDbg) and capability to dive into different layers of the driver and various OS stacks.
- Experience with low level containerization subsystems and systems like cgroups, namespaces, runc, rkt, LXC, and Docker.
- Experience with MSI technology or other installation software.
- Deep understanding of networking concepts.
- Flexibility to contribute to different components of the endpoint product, such as system services, instrumentation, installers and, occasionally, user-interface.
- Keen sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize problems, analyze, and resolve issues.
- Ability to lead, mentor, communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Windows CI/CD including installers, updaters, packaging, and signing.
- Experience contributing to the Linux kernel.
- Understanding of virtualization technologies such as Xen, KVM, or other hypervisor.
- Strong engineering and development skills in C/C++, Go, and Python.
- Good understanding of x86/amd64 assembly.
- Knowledge of malware analysis, vulnerability research, and exploit development.
- Experience with product security areas including encryption, authentication, and other defensive techniques.
- Familiarity with data science techniques or machine learning.
- Familiarity with large scale data analysis pipelines, particularly the impact endpoint sensors have on downstream architecture and applications.
- Prior experience working on geographically distributed teams in an entrepreneurial environment.
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.Job Family: Secureworks Remote Job ID: R049395
Related Job Opportunities
- Account Executive (Commercial) Secureworks Sales - Mid Atlantic Multiple Locations
- Technical Support Engineer - Secureworks - Austin, TX Texas
- Technical Staff, Front-end Engineering – Secureworks – Austin, TX OR Atlanta, GA Multiple Locations