Legal Counsel - Global Services
Primary Location: Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Austin, Texas, United States; Bedford, Massachusetts, United States; Dallas, Texas, United States; El Paso, Texas, United States; Franklin, Massachusetts, United States; Houston, Texas, United States; Nashua, New Hampshire, United States; Needham, Massachusetts, United States; Providence, Rhode Island, United States; Remote - Massachusetts, United States; Remote - New Hampshire, United States; Remote - Rhode Island, United States; Remote - Texas, United States; Richardson, Texas, United States; Round Rock, Texas, United States; San Antonio, Texas, United States
Legal Counsel – Global Services
Location: Round Rock, TX or Hopkinton, MA (remote locations also considered)
As you would expect from a global business that pushes the boundaries of innovation, the scope and scale of expertise we require from our Legal Counsel is staggering. Their expertise spans litigation, commercial and corporate transactions, IP, employment, immigration, compliance and regulatory matters. Their broad remit involves managing legal business matters, advising on legal issues affecting our business, coordinating outside counsel and reviewing legal data. The challenges are always evolving – and always fascinating.
Join us as a Legal Counsel on our Global ServicesLegal team in the United States to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As Legal Counsel, you will serve as a member of the Dell Technologies Services Legal team, which handles legal support for Dell’s various Services businesses including Support, Deployment, Configuration, Installation, Residency, Client/Enterprise Managed, Infrastructure Managed, and Consulting and Professional Services. You will provide legal advice and counsel to management and team members related to a wide variety of issues; liaise with outside counsel; act as a key participant in developing team and departmental process, programs and initiatives; and cultivate, develop and manage strong, lasting client relationships up to the senior management level.
- Provide legal advice and counsel to management and team members related to a wide variety of corporate and business issues, focusing on commercial risk mitigation
- Develop and lead strategic initiatives and programs designed to enable the Services business, including implementing and developing new templates, processes and procedures
- Draft, review and negotiate services contracts with customers; and review all proposed contract and policy modifications to effectively minimize operational risk
- Generate and launch new offerings within Services portfolio
- Partner with Sales, Finance, Delivery and Services executives in structuring transactions and identifying risks to Dell, as well as with other Dell business units and legal team members in structuring deals that span more than one Dell Technologies business unit
- Proactively analyze industry regulations and policies applicable to companies’ operations and advises management on interpretation and compliance
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- JD degree with admission to at least one state bar
- 3+ years’ corporate and/or commercial transactions experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal environment
- Excellent negotiations and contract drafting skills
- Ability to serve as strong adviser to the business, be a solid team player and exercise sound business and legal judgment
- Ability to manage multiple projects, including transactional work and strategic projects, and set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Interest in technology and ability to master the basics of Dell’s products and solutions to enable the structuring of complex transactions
- Experience working with services contracts is a plus
- Experience with information technology industry is preferred
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R084538