Legal Operations Chief Technology Leader
Primary Location: Round Rock, Texas
Austin, Texas, United States
Legal Operations Chief Technology Leader
Location: Round Rock, TX
From commercial contracts to cyber security, IP to ethical practices – Legal teams at Dell Technologies always have new, interesting and complex challenges to tackle. Legal Operations provides all the administrative, reporting and program management support they need to succeed. Whether focused locally, regionally or globally, Legal Operations professionals develop plans, oversee programs and processes and maintain records. They review legal data, provide policy information and legal advice across the organization and manage a wide range of legal business matters.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Legal Operations Chief Technology Leader on our Global Legal Strategy & Operations team.
What you’ll achieve
As the Legal Operations Chief Technology Leader, you will be responsible for setting the multi-year legal technology strategy and roadmap, including management of the technology portfolio and applications. Reporting to the SVP, Legal Strategy & Operations, you will act as both a technology and business expert, making decisions that will impact the current and future operations of the department.
We are looking for a strategic thinker, effective communicator and an expert in technological development. Extensive knowledge and experience deploying large scale legal technologies that enhance how legal services are delivered in addition to subject matter expertise architecting, implementing and managing contract lifecycle technology solutions is required.
- Set the vision for how technology will be used in the Legal department
- Ensure that the technology resources meet the department’s and business’ short and long-term needs
- Manage technology project/programs, budgets and timeframes; create timelines for the development and deployment of all technology solutions
- Collaborate with Legal leadership, Legal Operations, IT and other business stakeholders to translate business technology requirements into deployable solutions
- Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards
- Monitor technology trends and developments
- Act as a mentor to team members and colleagues
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years working in a technological role
- 5+ years managerial experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience deploying large scale legal technologies that enhance how legal services are delivered
- Strong knowledge of legal business processes
- Ability to translate business technology requirements into broader technology solutions
- Strategic thought-leadership and forward-thinking
- Master's degree or MBA preferred
- Experience with a Legal SaaS provider or consulting firm deploying vendor solutions; or experience within a progressive law firm or in-house legal operations team deploying transformational technology solutions
- Expertise architecting, implementing and managing contract lifecycle technology solutions integrated into the quote-to-cash process
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R093613