PR Specialist, Digital Programs and Content - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Austin,Texas
Palo Alto,California,USA; Atlanta,Georgia,USA;
Global Communications Team
Storytelling is at the heart of VMware’s future growth; with great stories we inspire our customers, influencers, stakeholders and employees with the positive impact VMware technologies can have in business and the world. The Global Communications team leads the storytelling function at VMware. We are a team of around 70 international communications professionals spanning public relations, reputation management, analyst relations, executive communications, integrated storytelling, and employee communications. It’s a fast paced, dynamic, and exciting environment in a high-growth company. We’re looking for team members who have big bold goals, a great attitude, who are smart, thoughtful, collaborative and organized, and who thrive at the center of always-on communications.
The PR Specialist will support the team and will play a critical role in developing and implementing public relations programs for VMware. The role will be key in generating awareness and understanding of VMware with reporters, influencers and general industry stakeholders.
You will work across the team to develop story and assets, drive media relations, and manage creative channel and content execution. You will be part of a team driving high impact coverage and industry conversations while helping to manage VMware’s news flow.
We are looking for a passionate communicator, a storyteller, a trusted communications advisor, a social/maven, and a news junkie who wants to always participate in that next story.
- Media Engagement: Help execute on press outreach, from target lists to pitches to coverage reports. Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with B2B and trade editors.
- Digital Media and Influencer Programs: Research and help advocate for new digital media methodologies and develop global influencer program.
- Communication Materials: Work closely with PR team to develop communications materials, with a focus on landing a wide range of placements in print and digital across Industries.
- Press Events: Help execute and/or oversee multiple press events – including VMworld – and briefings. Prep company spokespeople for press opportunities, events and staff media interviews.
- PR Programs: Maintain PR programs, manage reoccurring PR meetings and agendas, develop presentations, and produce press coverage and analysis reports as needed.
- Speaking & Awards: Research opportunities; draft award and speaking submissions; manage calendar of events; provide research to teams as needed.
- Administrative: Provide administrative duties for the PR team and manage logistics for regular team meetings and trainings.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience translating technical information to all audiences, with the ability to create news.
- Knowledge of and interest in the technology landscape, with a track record of technology placements in a variety of media verticals.
- A proven passion and proficiency in the development and use of online media.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced environments.
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
- Proven communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in a PR agency or in-house as well as some experience with media (interactions with editors or writers).
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Public Relations
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-06
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2108748