To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Principal Front-End Developer - Cloud Platform Team (REMOTE)
Primary Location: Seattle, Washington
Additional Location(s): Austin, Texas
Principal Front-End Developer
Dell Technologies has had a 35-year history and track record of delivering ground-breaking products, solutions and services to help millions of customers on their modernization and digital transformation journey! As we define our mission for the next 35 years – the opportunities to reshape the cloud are massive. We will do this through our uniquely differentiated approach, unparalleled commitment to customer success and focus on innovation. We are making huge bets and fast progress to bring clouds to our customers – wherever they may be! If want to join the ‘ground-floor’ of a massive transformational effort and feel excited by the opportunity to lead a generational transformation for ourselves, and our customers – this role may be just the right opportunity for you!
As a Principal Front-End developer, you will be a part of a team that develops and delivers user facing features using modern UI frameworks. The user interface delivers a best-of-breed cloud experience to Dell customers and partners.
You will be accountable for the following:
UI Design and Development
- Participate in the design of the user interface working with user experience designers with input from product management and business users.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code using an Agile methodology.
- Optimize components for maximum performance and compatibility across a vast array of web-capable devices, browsers and smart phones.
UI Testing and Automation
- Develop clean, maintainable and testable code.
- Design, implement and test user interface components with end to end testing.
- Automate testing of the user interface components.
- Plan and conduct unit tests, integration tests, regression tests and user acceptance tests.
- Over 10+ years of experience in software user interface development with a degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles.
- Experience with popular React.js workflows.
- Experience with data structure libraries.
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
- Familiarity with authorization mechanisms like JSON Web Token.
- Familiarity with modern frond-end build pipelines and common front-end development tools.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiarity with source code control systems like git.
- Strong analytical and team collaboration skills with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R064803