Principal Interactive/Visual Designer - Austin, TX DellDesignAustin, Texas 05/16/2019
Principal Visual and Interactive Designer– Austin, TX
Do you live and breathe Design? Is finding key concepts hidden deep inside real-world contexts second nature to you? Feel compelled to “design things right” in your everyday life…just for the sake of it? If you are eager to create elegant Design solutions to complex problems that change the status quo, then please then read on. We’re looking for highly talented design and user experience professionals to join our team, the Experience Design Group, to help us create industry changing designs for Dell, transform IT for companies, and mold the digital future for us all. This opportunity builds on the heritage of Dell and EMC, and their worldwide presence, to lead the next evolution of computing, cloud and data technology experiences.
Dell is seeking a candidate for a Principal Interaction and Visual Designer to be part of the Experience Design Group team in Austin, TX.
This Principal Interaction and Visual Designer helps refine and apply visual design standards, drives innovation and quality, and facilitates user experience design deliverables across software project initiatives including ideation, user-flow & task analysis, interaction design, prototyping, visual design, branding and execution. As part of a collaborative user experience team, you will ensure that visual and interactive designs of Dell software products achieve the highest level of usability, desirability and customer satisfaction. In this role, the designer will be asked to help carry products from concept to development using their abilities to distill complex problems into elegant, intuitive, and user-friendly designs leveraging their knowledge and history with user experience concepts, creating information architectures, applying corporate and product level design languages and systems, while delivering the appropriate content to development partners (wireframes, workflows, interactive prototypes, behavioral and visual specifications, redlines, etc.). Furthermore, this individual will participate in cross functional teams that define the future of experience and technology which sets a vision for the larger team and organization.
- Undergraduate degree and 8+ years’ relevant experience or Graduate degree in a related field, plus 6+ years’ relevant experience.
- Submission of portfolio link or attachment along with your application and resume
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (primarily XD, Photoshop and Illustrator) and similar UI design tools
- Strong skillset in digital interface design with an emphasis on Windows, mobile (iOS/Android), and web user Interfaces.
- Strong skillset in typography, color, space, layout, texture, and visual design for branding/commerce environments.
- Knowledgeable of and proactive driving the latest trends in visual and interactive design.
- Experience with product design and development, ideally across both hardware and software.
- Good communication skills – verbal, written, and experience engaging with stakeholders, product/project team members, and other user-experience professionals.
- Demonstrates the ability to process and apply design research – usability studies, reports, trends, ethnography, user personas and related information – into design solutions and deliverables.
- Expertise with motion graphics, animation, and video production / storytelling.
- Ability to illustrate / sketch.
Listen. Learn. Deliver. That’s what we’re about.
Dell empowers countries, communities, customers and people everywhere to use technology to realize their dreams. Customers trust us to deliver technology solutions that help them do and achieve more, whether they’re at home, work, school or anywhere in their world. Learn more about our story, purpose and people behind our customer-centric approach.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.Job Family: Dell-Design Engineering Design Job ID: R36300
Related Job Opportunities
- Firmware Engineer 1 Texas
- Firmware Security Engineer Multiple Locations
- Firmware Senior Principal Engineer Texas