Product Manager – APEX Site Reliability (Remote, US)
Primary Location: Austin, Texas
Remote - California, United States (All Other); Remote - California, United States (Bay Area); Remote - California, United States (LA/Orange County); Remote - Florida, United States; Remote - Georgia, United States; Remote - Massachusetts, United States; Remote - North Carolina, United States; Remote - Texas, United States
Product Management Consultant
An exciting opportunity for a self-starter to join a growing team with a charter to help the customers of Dell Technologies transition to as-a-Service capabilities.
The Apex site reliability product manager will be responsible for ensuring the reliability and scalability of Dell’s Apex offerings. Site reliability engineering bridges the gap between developers and IT operations. In this exciting new role, you will define the requirements to manage, solve problems and automate operations tasks across Dell Technologies’ s Apex as-a-Service offerings. Working closely with our services and engineering organizations define key aspects of service level objectives (SLO) and fleet management of the Apex offerings
What you’ll achieve
As a Product Management Consultant, you will identify new growth areas, technologies and emerging product/service opportunities. You will conduct in-depth market analysis to optimize existing products/solutions and build next generation products, partnering closely with the Engineering and Product Management teams to build a product road map and align product strategies for the business.
- Reduce organizational silos working with services, engineering, and other teams
- Measure everything to ensure the system is highly reliable and scalable
- Leverage tools and automation in a DevOps environment to automate manual tasks
- Drive operational excellence in a continuous improvement manner for people, processes, and technology
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in Technical Product Management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Skilled in influencing across a cross-functional organization at all levels
- Strong technical skills in IT, datacenter, Cloud, compute, storage, networking, and security
- Experience in defining customer requirements and using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize decision-making
- Strong technical acumen with a history of building/delivering enterprise product
- Comfortable with ambiguity; tight deadlines and operating in a very fast-paced environment
- Experience in a large data center or cloud operational model working in a DevOps environment
- Knowledge and working experience using agile methodology
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R098684