To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
RAN Telco Solutions Architect - U.S. remote; Austin, TX preferred
Primary Location: Austin, Texas
Additional Location(s): Austin, Texas
RAN Telco Solutions Architect
U.S. remote, Austin, TX preferred
Dell Technologies comprises a group of strategically aligned businesses (Dell, DellEMC, Pivotal, RSA, SecureWorks, Virtustream, VMware) focused on helping customers transform their business and IT to compete and win in the digital economy. Dell Technologies Services (DTS) is a global organization uniquely organized to deliver business outcomes to some of the most well-known and complex enterprises while building long-term, trusted relationships with clients. DTS accomplishes this through specialized business and technical experts focused on partnering with customers to explore transformational change via best-in-class technology, services and solutions from Dell Technologies.
Dell Telco is uniquely positioned to grow from start-up an offering to include 5G technologies, yet fully backed by the power of Dell Technologies family. If you are an entrepreneurial, best-in-class Technology Consultant with demonstrated competence with 4G and 5G wireless technologies, fiber backhaul, inbuilding systems, core network design and implementation, and network management systems as per the E-TOM model you could have the opportunity to lead a Telco revolution.
As an expert, you will help define how we design, deploy, and support network providers wireless networks. You will have the ability to lead solution and proposal development once project goals and objectives have been defined. The successful Technology Consultant possesses a broad technical knowledge of different wireless technology and infrastructure as well as the design, construction, equipment installation, testing, and commissioning practices and standards for Telecom networks.
- Work closely with Dell Telco product/technology groups to define the Services offering for this practice area
- Work closely with other vendors within the Telco eco-system to ensure a strong understanding of their products and how it integrates into a Dell network architecture
- Envisions new technical solutions and drives development of content and collateral
- Define a multi-vendor/multi-technology services strategy to ensure Dell can fully satisfy the Service providers needs for their RAN network
- Define the role of onshore, offshore, and outsource partners to optimize the delivery models to minimize cost and downtime
- Define the program management needs to deliver on the design, deployment, optimization, integration, and management of the operator Radio and core networks
- Define how DT can meet compliance, safety, and regulatory requirements for Telco networks
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry best practices, and a deep understanding how real-time services are delivered over wireless and wireline networks.
- 12+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8+ years with a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience
- 12+ years of overall wireless and wireline telecom industry experience as a service provider and/or equipment vendor.
- 10+ years of experience of developing and/or operating wireless telecom technology services
- Strong knowledge of LTE, 5G, and other relevant wireless technology
- Strong knowledge of the performance and propagation characteristics at different spectrum to ensure that proper tradeoffs are made in system design and deployment
- Strong knowledge of the cost for delivering different types of Telco network services such as consulting, design, deployment, optimization, drive testing, etc.
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R070432