Security Operations and Fusion Center Manager
Primary Location: Austin, Texas
Security Operations and Fusion Center Manager
Location: Austin, TX
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization (SRO) manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Join us as a Security Operations and Fusion Center Manager on our Global Security Operations team located in Austin, TX to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As the Fusion Center Manager, you will be responsible for leading assigned shift operations with primary accountabilities focused on the intake, analysis, escalation, management, and subsequent reporting of global threat and risk data that intersects with Dell’s interests.
- Monitor and analyze information generated from multiple Fusion Center (FC) systems, databases, tool sets, and other data sources
- Provide direction on, and be responsible for, critical decision-making during FC critical incidents prior to Crisis Management plan initiation (e.g. Enterprise Resiliency) in accordance with FC policies, procedures, and work instructions
- Support other FC embedded analysts, technicians, operators and supervisors with operational tasks
- Provide guidance to FC augmented staff through contractor management
- Identify, analyze, and report all incidents that could potentially have risk to Dell sites or assets
- Research, analyze, prepare and deliver various intelligence threat briefings, including but not limited to, daily briefs and situational reporting (SITREP)
- Conduct research, assess current situation, and be decisive on whether a situation presents a risk to company assets based on available information
- Notify SRO leadership, as well as associates and other stakeholders, that may be impacted by risks or threats within defined service level agreements
- Provide frontline responsibility for incident management, triage, and possible initiation of crisis communications
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Experience with and understanding of various software platforms used in operations center environments (i.e. geospatial intelligence mapping, mass notification, critical event management workflow, social media monitoring, etc.)
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service
- Ability to set priorities in a high-paced environment, handle multiple and competing priorities, take initiative, and exercise sound judgement while handling incidents
- Comfortable working under stressful situations
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays, flexible and rotating shifts as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent professional experience in a Security Operations/Fusion Center/Intelligence Center, or similar role
- 5+ years related work experience in security, law enforcement, military, emergency management operations or similar field
- Previous experience working as an intelligence analyst for a US government agency, law enforcement, military, or private-sector operations/emergency dispatch center is ideal
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R088771