Senior Analyst, PurchasingAustin, Texas 07/08/2019
Senior Analyst, Purchasing
Location: Austin Texas
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Analyst on our Global Materials team in Austin, TX.
Our products drive human progress. Our Purchasing team drives the progress of our supply systems. We lead strategic and operational commodity teams, while developing supplier strategy, long-range plans and the optimization of the global supply chain. Our remit includes setting delivery performance goals and implementing procurement initiatives and process improvements. We also oversee the planning and obtaining of materials, components, equipment and services for all parts of the business, including checking requisitions, developing new supply sources and ensuring best quality at best value from third parties.
- Develop and foster collaborative relationships with internal procurement teams, supply chain planning, suppliers, carriers and fulfillment centers to optimize supply chain and ensure continuity of supply (COS)
- Resolve Short-to-Backlog (STBL) issues through root cause analysis and partnering with global buyer planning, supply chain planning and inbound logistics teams
- Communicate COS position and recovery with internal stakeholders in multiple forums
- Follow up on key issues until resolution
- Predict and highlight supply line risk with global buyer planning and supply chain planning teams via PAR methodology
- Support Global Display and Client Peripheral focused initiatives
- Responsible for reviewing and communicating inbound freight prioritization with logistics team
- Review necessary material deviations
- Execute regional rebalancing of material across fulfillment locations as needed
- Resolve receiving and invoice discrepancies with suppliers and fulfillment centers
- Manage metrics applicable to job scope
- Typically requires 3+ years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated tactical and business acumen skills
- Sense of urgency, attention to details, self-driven, and focused to innovate legacy process
- Ability to work effectively and interface with senior management
- Mid to High level presentation skills
- Familiarity with supply chain processes, procurement, data analysis, planning, logistics, and/or fulfillment preferred
- Excel experience (including use of V-look Up, Pivot Tables)
- Familiarity with Power BI is preferred
- Certification in: Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) or Certified Professional CPSM certification are a plus
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can drive our supply chain to give us competitive advantage, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Manufacturing Job ID: R86954
Related Job Opportunities
- Sr. Advisor, Material Planning Role Texas
- Supply Chain Manager, Networking Multiple Locations
- Senior Analyst, Purchasing Texas