To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Senior DevOps Engineer – AWS, Kubernetes – Secureworks – Remote or Austin, TX
Primary Location: Austin, Texas
Additional Location(s): Austin, Texas
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™ www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer, passionate about building highly available and scalable services in the cloud. You’re an expert in building tools and CI/CD using GitOps, and comfortable being part of a high-performing team.
In addition, you will be responsible at times providing outstanding customer experiences while supporting the Red Cloak environment. We’re a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment which requires exceptional soft skills and the ability to triage and manage multiple issues simultaneously.
- Delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools and methodologies
- Building automation tools and components to aid in installation and provisioning of cloud-based applications in AWS
- Collaborating with Software Architects, Software Engineers, and Data Scientists and ensuring products and services are pushed into production
- Automating the deployment of products and services and actively monitoring to ensure uptime and effective performance of applications and platforms
- Acting as an escalation point to address issues with outages and operations and actively forecasts to proactively address issues and minimize downtime
- Managing the entire deployment process, including the production environments and the user acceptance testing process
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a DevOps Engineers with AWS platform
- Minimum of 1 year working with and maintaining container orchestration solutions, Kubernetes
- Minimum of 2 years development experience with Python or Go (debugging and troubleshooting)
- Experience with infrastructure tools such as Terraform, Packer, Ansible and Vault
- Strong background integrating CI with continuous delivery (CD) platforms such as Spinnaker or similar tools
- Experience integrating CI/CD feedback with code review systems like GitLab and group chat software such as Slack or Mattermost
- Prior experience working at a startup or in an entrepreneurial environment
- AWS Certifications (Professional) a plus
Secureworks, a Dell Technologies company, is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.Job ID: R065908