Senior Principal Visual and Interactive Designer - Austin, TX DellDesignAustin, Texas 05/16/2019
Senior Principal Visual and Interactive Designer– Austin, TX
Do you live and breathe Design? Is finding key concepts hidden deep inside real-world contexts second nature to you? Feel compelled to “design things right” in your everyday life…just for the sake of it? If you are eager to create elegant Design solutions to complex problems that change the status quo, then please then read on. We’re looking for highly talented design and user experience professionals to join our team, the Experience Design Group, to help us create industry changing designs for Dell, delight users and customers alike, transform IT for companies, and mold the digital future for us all. This opportunity builds on the heritage of Dell and EMC, and their worldwide presence, to lead the next evolution of computing, cloud and data technologies.
Dell is seeking a candidate for a Senior Principal Interaction Designer to be part of the Experience Design Group team in Austin, TX.
This Senior Principal Interaction and Visual Designer helps define visual design standards, drives innovation and creative direction, and facilitates user experience design deliverables across software project initiatives including ideation, user-flow & task analysis, interaction design, prototyping, visual design, branding and execution. This individual ensures visual and interactive designs across product lines and business groups achieve the highest level of usability, desirability and customer satisfaction. In this role, the designer will be asked to carry products from concept to development using their abilities to distill complex problems into elegant, intuitive, and user-friendly designs leveraging their knowledge and history with user experience concepts, creating information architectures, developing and applying design languages and systems, while delivering the appropriate content to development partners (wireframes, workflows, interactive prototypes, behavioral and visual specifications, redlines, etc.). Furthermore, this individual will drive organizational initiatives and participate in cross functional teams that define the future of experience and technology and set the vision for a product line and broader team.
- Undergraduate degree and 12+ years’ relevant experience or Graduate degree in a related field, plus 8+ years’ relevant experience.
- Submission of portfolio link or attachment along with your application and resume
- Expert proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (primarily XD, Photoshop and Illustrator) and similar UI design tools.
- Strong skillset in digital interface design with an emphasis on Windows, mobile (iOS/Android), and web User Interfaces.
- Expert in typography, color, space, layout, texture, and visual design for branding/commerce environments.
- Deeply knowledgeable of and proactive in driving the latest trends in visual and interactive design.
- Deep experience with product design and development, ideally across both hardware and software.
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal, written, and experience engaging with executive stakeholders, product owners, development team members, business analysts/strategists, media representatives and customers.
- Ability to lead design thinking, brainstorming or other similar user-centered design workshops towards experience driven solution creation
- Demonstrates the ability to process and integrate design research – usability studies, reports, trends, ethnography, user personas and related information – into design solutions and deliverables.
- Experience creating solutions across different domains, customer and user groups including consumers, gamers, business end-users & information workers, IT admins and IT decision makers.
- Expertise with motion graphics, animation, and video production / storytelling.
- Ability to illustrate / sketch.
Listen. Learn. Deliver. That’s what we’re about.
Dell empowers countries, communities, customers and people everywhere to use technology to realize their dreams. Customers trust us to deliver technology solutions that help them do and achieve more, whether they’re at home, work, school or anywhere in their world. Learn more about our story, purpose and people behind our customer-centric approach.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Dell-Design Engineering Design Job ID: R74626
Related Job Opportunities
- Firmware Engineer 1 Texas
- Firmware Security Engineer Multiple Locations
- Firmware Senior Principal Engineer Texas