Senior Strategist, Cloud & SaaS Transition Strategy & Operations - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Austin,Texas
Atlanta,GA,USA; Portland,Oregon,USA; Seattle,Washington,USA; Los Angeles,California,USA; San Francisco,California,USA; Raleigh,North Carolina,USA; Chicago,Illinois,USA; New York,New York,USA; Nashville,Tennessee,USA; Palo Alto,California,USA;
***Location: Flexible to consider candidates across the United States**
Senior Strategist, Cloud & SaaS Transition Strategy & Operations
The subscription economy is mainstream and growing. Customers want faster access to product updates, ongoing support and education, and flexible consumption and commercial models. VMware is listening to our customers and partnering with them to provide new offerings to deploy and use VMware technology as a subscription in their on-premises and cloud deployments.
The Senior Strategist will support the Senior Director of Strategy to use a wide variety of data sources to develop analysis, scenarios, and insights to help the team identify paths to subscription and cloud growth, address key challenges, and make the right decisions. The work will focus on developing a deep understanding of what is needed at VMware to transition from a predominately license and maintenance business to a subscription and SaaS business over the next 3 years. The required analysis will be broad ranging across market, customer, financial, product, and sales data to help with planning, prioritization, and investments.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strategy development and execution – Work with the leadership to develop strategy to accelerate Subscription revenue growth, lead ongoing program management for major strategic projects, in partnership with cross-functional leadership team and a wide variety of stakeholders. Structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing final recommendations
- Quantitative analysis and financial modeling – Work with large data sets, develop models to compare scenarios, and rate strategy proposals based on quantitative outcomes.
- Market assessment – Become a subject matter expert on subscription and SaaS market conditions and trends, competitive analysis, and industry best practices for the license to subscription journey.
- Analysis - Develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations; ensure strategic and financial soundness and alignment of recommendations
- Cross-functional stakeholder management – Work across internal stakeholders including sales, product, finance, marketing, partners, customer success, and operations to gather data and help develop strategies and solutions.
- Communications – Summarize insights from analysis and clearly communicate analytical finding in a cohesive story. Write and communicate complex business issues in a simple, impactful way. Develop narratives, presentations, and communications to support Sr Dir of Strategy.
- KPIs – Assist in long range planning, development of annual plans. Own tracking and reporting of business metrics reporting including financial targets, goals with business insights on results and outcomes.
Required Background and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in Enterprise Software and/or SaaS
- MBA required; 3+ year of post-graduate work in management consulting or high-tech corporate strategy preferred
- Knowledge and experience of Subscription and SaaS businesses highly preferred
- Experience in leading complex operational topics and strategy implementation end-to-end, managing stakeholders, balance competing priorities, running multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Superior analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, business judgment and problem-solving skills with some understanding of market trends for license to subscription journey
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and fast paced environment with an entrepreneurial approach, work autonomously with limited guidance
- Strong attention to detail and an affinity for metrics and patterns in business performance
- Strong communication skills, including an exceptional ability to take complex topics and ideas into simple, compelling narratives and build presentation decks for different audiences
- Get-stuff-done mindset with a strong bias towards action
- Exposure to a wide range of data and analytical concepts and methodologies, including:
- Market sizing
- Competitive analysis
- Customer needs analysis / primary research
- Financial modeling
- Portfolio review (e.g. where to invest, where to divest)
Our people transform the impossible into the essential. We challenge the status quo by inventing better ways of doing things. Our culture is one of possibilities. Where everyone is empowered to achieve success on their own terms. And together, we are crafting the future of business in a digital world.
At VMware, we have EPIC2 Values - Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers, and Community are what define us. Learn more about our values on our careers website: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/life-at-vmware.html. We want to hire epic people who enhance our diverse culture – people who will push us, amaze us and drive us forward. In return, we offer the freedom to define and lead your future. VMware diversity: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/people-at-vmware.html
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Strategic Planning
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-25
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2104863