Server Enterprise Field Marketing ManagerAustin, Texas 02/12/2019
Dell’s Vision is to be a world-class, innovative and customer-focused organization that shapes our offerings, influences our stakeholder’s perceptions and behaviors, and drives growth and profitability. Dell provides boundless opportunities for lateral and upward mobility and growth.
The NA Server and Networking Center of Competency is seeking an experienced candidate interested in developing and enhancing their strategic acumen, leadership skills and career development by joining the Server and Networking Field Marketing Management team, supporting the NA Enterprise outside & inside sales organizations.
The Server and Networking Field Marketing Managers are Marketing, Technical, and Sales Resources tasked with delivering profitable server and networking share growth through the enablement of field and inside sales teams. They do so through:
1. Coordination, dissemination, and implementation of training activities and sales
2. Design and implementation of programmatic sales solutions
3. Fast and decisive customer engagement on large, strategic opportunities
4. Creation and execution of coordinated server and networking based sales plays and programs
5. Deep collaboration with cross-functional teams like Segment Marketing, Sales
Operations, Finance, Product group & Global Operations
6. Deriving and disseminating relevant insights from careful data analytics
7. Providing core inside and outside sales teams with technical expertise around the entire
server and networking portfolio of products & services
8. Building intermediate and long-term planning frameworks including go-to-market
motions, influencing product design, and planning product sales cycles
The FMM ultimately shares ownership of the overall performance of the business. He/she will help develop and execute on the go-to-market plans to support specific growth initiatives. Additionally, he/she will localize and adapt global content and programs that achieve sales demand through print and electronic collateral, sales training, customer research and customer briefings. Further, the FMM gathers feedback through multiple channels, including direct customer interaction, and communicates to appropriate marketing and business leaders.
- Works with Corporate Communications team and business leaders to increase visibility, education and awareness to key industry audiences through use of press releases, case studies, press briefings, featured stories, speaking opportunities and analyst briefings.
-Executes product launches at local level, working with cross-functional teams.
-Provides inputs into events strategy, including recommended events, budget allocation, and proposed themes.
-Utilizes standard campaign methodology and metrics to track local/ BU marketing/sales efforts and drive program results throughout quarter/year.
-Provides sales team with marketing roadmaps and training on key initiatives, industry trends and partner solutions.
-Determines most effective segment/vertical sales tools and drives usage to maximize sales productivity.
-Ensures that sales and marketing teams understand and are able to fully utilize tools to enhance sales and marketing activities.
Organizational expert within defined subject area. Integrates deep subject matter expertise with: - Industry experience. - In-depth knowledge of professional standards and trends within area of expertise. - Relevant related disciplines. - Business goals and strategy. Understands impact of emerging business trends and their implications for Dell and its customers Develops complex solutions to business problems or customer engagements through in- depth analysis, coordination and negotiation with key decision makers. Adapts and integrates own experience with Dell-wide strategy. Decisions are strategic in nature, have long-term consequence, and tend to relate to business strategy, financial performance and effective resource utilization Guided by business plans and strategy Initiates new or revised departmental procedures, programs and initiatives Assesses and determines priorities within area of expertise. Structures and implements changes within the context of established strategy. Leads large scale, global programs that contribute to the corporation’s success. Develops innovative solutions to problems without precedent.
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA a plus
- 6+ years of relevant business experience in the IT industry (Sales, Sales Operations or Product Engineering – sales experience strongly preferred)
- Willing to travel up to 40% of the time in support of Dell customers (NA only)
- Strong analytics/insights capabilities
- Proven ability to operate successfully in high-stress environments & ever-changing priorities
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.Job Family: Marketing Job ID: R92608
Related Job Opportunities
- Server Product Line Manager, North America Texas
- Online Business Consultant Field Marketing Multiple Locations
- Small Office Direct Laptop Merchandising Sr. Advisor Texas
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.