Software Engineering Manager, Platform - Secureworks - (100% Remote US; Austin, TX; Work From Home)
Primary Location: Austin
Software Engineering Manager, Platform - Secureworks - Austin, TX; Atlanta, GA or US Remote
Location: Fully Remote anywhere in the US; OR Austin, TX; OR Tampa, FL; OR Atlanta, GA
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) a global cybersecurity leader, enables our customers and partners to outpace and outmaneuver adversaries with more precision, so they can rapidly adapt and respond to market forces to meet their business needs. With a unique combination of cloud-native, SaaS security platform and intelligence-driven security solutions, informed by 20+ years of threat intelligence and research, no other security platform is grounded and informed with this much real-world experience. www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
We are looking for a hands-on manager with technical knowledge of Golang and Kubernetes to provide a powerful combination of leadership, implementation, and operational support to drive business forward on a cutting edge technology stack. Your focus will be on advising, helping, and doing hands on work as part of our cross-functional product groups that the platform team is on. You will be developing solutions that leverage the latest big data platforms and technologies (e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Go). You will work in a fast-paced, startup-like environment with an experienced, cross-functional team of software engineers, data scientists, security experts, and product managers to build our next generation security platform leveraging large scale data science and machine learning.
The ideal candidate has spent several years as a software engineer focused on back-end development, transitioned to an architect or team lead role, and now manages a development team or has a desire to. If you’re an engineering manager with proven experience designing and developing software and have a passion for mentoring and being hands on, we need your help to push the goals of the platform engineering team to bring the most innovative security product concepts to life. The ideal candidate will have experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product technology visions, and fostering effective engineering practices and culture in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Direct management of 6-10 back-end software engineers. Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal coaching and performance management.
- Provide technical leadership in the testing, deployment, monitoring, and improvement of software applications as secure, scalable, performant, and fault-tolerant solutions across a multi-cloud architecture.
- Drive positive change in terms of streamlining processes, improving efficiency, and implementing key performance metrics. Work with the entire engineering team to improve the quality, scalability, and supportability of all production software.
- Collaborate with the product management team to generate a roadmap for new features while also incorporating ideas originating from the team. Work with the team to execute the agreed upon roadmap.
- Minimum of 2 years leading, mentoring and managing teams of fully remote software developers.
- Minimum of 7 years of hands-on backend software development.
- Minimum of 3 years of recent experience developing in GoLang.
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience with Kubernetes.
- Proficiency with Git and continuous integration/continuous delivery.
- Knowledge of security issues and best practices to prevent vulnerabilities.
- Understanding of Scrum/Kanban and how to apply their respective practices in a pragmatic way.
- Ability to work with product management to break down epics into stories that can then be executed by your teams.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience.
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R078904