Software Senior Principal EngineerAustin, Texas 11/08/2019
Software Senior Principal Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Senior Principal Engineer
on our GCS FaaS Engineering team in Austin, TX.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
- This role is for a senior software developer who also has experience with DevOps, Cloud infrastructure, virtualization, and network/server infrastructure due to the highly integrated nature of the FaaS (factory-as-a-service) environment. If you are a talented cross-functional collaborator who is able to accomplish far beyond what a stand-alone software developer or systems engineer/administrator can do then this role may be for you. Come be a part of a talented, high-functioning team that is delivering on the leading edge of technology!
- Delivery of software modules that are tightly integrated with HW
- Play an essential role of advancing our footprint into a cloud environment and developing containerization and a CICD pipeline in support of a DevOps and Agile deployment process
- Seasoned experience with web application development
- Seasoned experience with virtual environments (Microsoft HyperV & VMWare ESX)
- Creative problem solving and the dedication and tenacity to get things done
- Strong communication and integration skills and a proven ability to work alone or as part of a high-functioning team
- Familiar with manufacturing and supply chain processes (especially at Dell)
- Familiar with Windows and Linux system administration (especially Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Web services)
- Familiar with network and firewall administration (Dell, Cisco, Force10, Sonicwall,etc)
- Experience with iPXE
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or related technical field desired
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Global-Services Engineering Engineering-Development Corporate-Development Job ID: R043192
Related Job Opportunities
- Principal Software Engineer Multiple Locations
- Mechanical Senior Engineer, Modular Datacenters, Extreme Scale Infrastructure (ESI) Texas
- IaaS / Cloud Solution and Automation Development Engineer, in Austin / Round Rock, TX Multiple Locations