Sr. Consultant, Business Operations and StrategySeattle, Washington, Austin, Texas, United States;Round Rock, Texas, United States 01/14/2020
Are you looking to work in a fast-growing and highly visible area? Are you passionate about cloud technology? Are you a self-starter that likes to roll up your sleeves and solve ambiguous and ambitious marketing challenges? If so, we have just the role for you! Dell EMC is looking for a marketing strategy and operations lead for the Dell Technologies Cloud business.
This role will be a highly visible member of the Dell Technologies Cloud product marketing team. She or he will partner with the VP of Product Marketing to manage our rapidly growing business. A strong candidate will work at both a strategic and operational level to clarify priorities, establish a rhythm of business review and enable strong executive decision making. She or he will achieve this by collaborating across key stakeholders from across Dell.
This position requires extensive cross-group coordination, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to formulate issues and recommendations clearly. Attention to detail, project management skills, and a highly organized, process-focused mind are required to manage executive priorities and deliverables. You must be able to execute under pressure/ deadlines and drive forward even when faced with ambiguity. This role requires occasional travel.
- Clarify team’s operational priorities in partnership with the various executives in different functions like sales, product management and other marketing teams.
- Design and manage the teams’ “Rhythm of the Business” (ROB) of internal meetings for cloud marketing leadership
- Develop ad hoc analysis to clarify strategic issues and improve decision making on team
- Partner with leadership to ensure strong executive communications– develop key communications when required
- Drive special projects including annual strategic planning and reviews with the Cloud Business Unit General Manager
- Help coordinate business-wide procedures and work to improve existing processes for maximum clarity, efficiency, and success
- Develop quarterly marketing plan spanning all marketing functions covered by team
- Manage organizational cadence (staffs, all hands)
- Represent cloud marketing leader and organizational plans in discussions with select stakeholders
- Organize team off-sites and lead discussions for planning
- Manage spend planning and budget operations
- Executive impact – lead team problem solving, influence executive thinking and drive them to action when necessary
- Communications - Strong written, power point and verbal communications skills
- Business Management – manage consistent execution of monthly business processes
- Structured problem solving –dis-aggregate complex problems, drive analysis to understand root causes and propose solutions
- Project Management – lead key business initiatives
- Organizational skills - Strong organizational skills with the ability to consolidate and integrate a wide range of inputs
- Collaboration - Work collaboratively in complex cross functional environments
- Business Intelligence/ Reporting – Ability to define key business metrics and required reporting. Strong Excel skills. Understanding of how to build reports in tools like Business Objects, Tableau and SQL Reporting Services a plus.
- Experience delivering results in an environment with ambiguous processes and multiple stakeholders
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a technology or management consulting company
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Professional-Services Business-Support Job ID: R053659
Related Job Opportunities
- Global Services Project/Program Lead Multiple Locations
- Consultant, Program Manager-Technical Leadership Community Multiple Locations
- Executive Assistant Texas