Sr. Electrical Systems Architect
- Austin, Texas
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Senior Electrical System Architect
Dell is looking to add a Senior Level Electrical System Architect to support Consumer Notebooks in Austin, TX. This person will have a high level of analysis and design skills. You will be a senior technical resource in all areas of product design. You must be well versed in the core electrical engineering analytical skills in order to affect system-level decisions and represent the team at cross-functional reviews. Your ability to productize designs is also critical and you should be able to independently design products and/or solutions that enhance Dell’s ability to deliver services to clients.
- Architect and influence the shaping of future products by providing electrical engineering insight into the technology roadmap.
- Identify and scope projects around innovation opportunities as well as technology risks.
- Execute designs for complex systems backed by thorough engineering analysis.
- Take responsibility for gathering requirements and concepts generation.
- Engage ODM partners and technology providers to gather information and release requirements.
- Generate IP to protect innovation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of work experience in design and analysis of electronics packaging.
- Must have extensive experience in designing complex electro-mechanical assemblies with an expert understanding of block diagrams, schematics, layouts, electrical analysis, power analysis, thermal dissipation, PCB stack-ups.
- Must have experience speaking and influencing at an executive level.
- Must possess strong communication skills (written and oral) with other company team members and the customer as required.
- Must have extensive experience with CAD systems (Gerber experience required).
- Must possess working knowledge of mass-production manufacturing processes and material costs
- Must have ability to work independently, regular reporting of progress and status. Only general guidance is needed on routine work; instructions on new assignments as needed.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with mechanical engineering and software engineering
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job Family: Systems-Engineer Engineering Job ID: R085996
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Austin Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.