Sr. Principal Software Engineer, Go Lang - Secureworks - (100% Remote US; Or Austin, TX)
Primary Location: Austin, Texas
Sr. Principal Platform Engineer - Search
Location: United States Remote
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) a global cybersecurity leader, enables our customers and partners to outpace and outmaneuver adversaries with more precision, so they can rapidly adapt and respond to market forces to meet their business needs. With a unique combination of cloud-native, SaaS security platform and intelligence-driven security solutions, informed by 20+ years of threat intelligence and research, no other security platform is grounded and informed with this much real-world experience. www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
In this exciting and new role, you will work on the next generation of Secureworks’ security platform. You’ll join a team of software engineers, security experts, and data scientists, and collaborate with stakeholders across security and technology groups to drive innovation.
The ideal candidate will have a strong Go Lang software development background with an emphasis on building APIs and systems. This role requires a software developer that can take ideas from concept to reality and work well within an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software as a secure, scalable, performant, and fault-tolerant solution across a multi-cloud architecture.
- Developing core platform capabilities for an innovative new platform.
- Drive idea generation for new platform capabilities and bring them to fruition.
- Creating monitoring and benchmarking for performant and resilient deployments.
- Contributing to the API design for all upcoming features.
- Interacting with both internal and external development teams.
- Constantly raising the bar of engineering practices across the team.
- Work effectively on a geographically distributed team to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
- Minimum of 8 years of software development experience, including building/scaling large throughput systems.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Golang.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Amazon AWS, Google GCP, or similar cloud providers.
- BS in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Kubernetes API extension points and Kubernetes network plugins (e.g. CRDs, Open Service Broker, Controllers, Istio, Calico, Flannel).
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Computer or information security background or experience.
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Athena/Presto, Cassandra/HBase/Accumulo, etc).
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here.
LIPRIORITYJob ID: R065906