Tanzu Staff Solutions Engineer - MAPBU - Alliances - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Austin,Texas
Dallas,Texas,USA; San Francisco,California,USA; Palo Alto,California,USA; New York,New York,USA; Detroit,Michigan,USA; Atlanta,Georgia,USA; Chicago,Illinois,USA; Philadelphia,Pennsylvania,USA;
Before applying please note that this job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
In Swahili, ’tanzu’ means the growing branch of a tree. In Japanese, ’tansu’ refers to a modular form of cabinetry. At VMware, Tanzu represents our growing portfolio of solutions to help you build, run and manage modern apps. We help customers develop cloud-native apps and maintain existing apps side-by-side, on the same enterprise-grade platform.
You are a partner-focused, hands-on, technical expert who also has the soft skills to effectively communicate and evangelize technology across an ecosystem. You also have the sales and business acumen that will allow you to position VMWare Tanzu technology and services in conjunction with partners to meet the needs of Fortune 2000 customers. As the software industry rapidly evolves you are able to keep learning and keep-up through self-study and personal drive. You are looking to truly help customers solve real world issues and to help coach and evangelize them on industry trends, best practices, and how software can help.
VMware has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries build, run, and manage software better. We are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagement.
Required Skills / Experiences
- Experience as a hands-on application architect ideally in a customer-facing capacity
- Understanding of cloud-native design principles and best practices
- Understanding of agile software delivery principles
- Understand partner business model and sales motions; be able to communicate this with VMWare’s field and work with the account teams for joint customer success
- Shape joint go-to-market as related to the use of VMWare Tanzu technology with partners
- Builds great relationships internally, with partners, clients and the community
- Must have effective communication, listening, and presentation skills as well as partner advocacy in the field
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Hands-on experience with 1 or more IaaS or virtualized infrastructure providers: AWS, GCP, Azure, vSphere or OpenStack
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Desired Skills / Experiences
- 5-10 years of experience in postgraduate technology related work, such as Application Development or Operations in IT or Engineering, Pre-sales Engineering or as a customer-facing Consultant
- Prior experience presenting to application development technology leaders
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment technologies such as Jenkins, ArgoCD, Spinnaker, Artifactory, and Github/Gitlab
- Experience in software development including languages, systems, and frameworks such as Spring/Java, Ruby/Rails, Go, messaging (RabbitMQ/AMQP, JMS), RDBMS, NoSQL, and Hadoop
- Experience with modern software build tools including Maven, Gradle, and Bundler
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in service mesh technologies such as Istio and Envoy
- Certified Kubernetes Application Developer certification or Certified Kubernetes Administrator certification from the Cloud Native Computing Foundation(https://www.cncf.io/).
"This position is eligible for JoinTeamTanzu referral campaign"
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-07
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2109356