To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Taxonomist - Digital Ecosystem
Primary Location: Austin, Texas
Additional Location(s): Austin, Texas
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Taxonomist on our Digital Ecosystemteam in Austin, Texas.
We put the same focus into driving excellence within the Marketing Strategy & Operations (MS&O) organization as we do in creating game-changing products. As a Taxonomist you will work as part of our web content strategy team and will be tasked with developing, managing, and supporting the overall taxonomy implementations and strategy for the Dell Technologies digital ecosystem of websites - which includes Dell.com, DellTechnologies.com, Premier, Support and our enablement portals. You will work closely with key business stakeholders, IT teams and digital marketing partners to ensure our digital ecosystem has a robust and logical data organization using industry best practices - with a goal of unifying and simplifying.
- Be the dedicated taxonomy expert for our digital ecosystem, and play an important role in a complex and transformational initiative to simplify and unify our web/digital destinations for our key audience
- Manage day-to-day operations of overall metadata schema for our Digital Ecosystem
- Develop new schemas, fields, values and other data items based on business stakeholder’s requirements and deadlines
- Develop overall website taxonomy strategy focusing on site navigation, content usability and content creation best practices
- Partner with our content strategy, user experience and SEO teams to ensure our web taxonomy and information architecture is optimal/logical for our users and search engines
- Manage taxonomy work for content integrations to our Digital Ecosystem
- Provide recommendations to business owners on organizing and developing metadata tagging best practices for the web
- Work closely with team responsible for overall content management to ensure alignment with broader digital platform and future development
- Develop and run taxonomy-based user experience testing as it relates to the Digital Ecosystem. Provide authoritative conclusions and report on results.
- Assist in analyzing and measuring the quality of search results across marketing systems. Recommend and help implement improvements
- Provide thought leadership on taxonomy best practices and implementations, utilizing third-party research and data where applicable. Lead discussions on changes and importance of organized and tagged data
- Degree in Library Science or equivalent experience
- 10 years’ experience building and managing complex content taxonomies
- Deep taxonomy development experience as applied to complex content systems including understanding and creation of metadata schema’s
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong experience with Adobe AEM platforms
- Strong skills in understanding complex workflows and disseminating information in easy to understand language
- Comfortable working across departments in a virtual environment. Self-starter with excellent written and communication skills.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a marketing environment
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job ID: R066713