Technical Staff: Cloud Architect (Remote)
Primary Location: Seattle
Austin, Texas, United States; Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States; Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States; Santa Clara, California, United States
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every employee, every day. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell Technologies Cloud Engineering (DTCE) is redefining the way businesses all over the world realize their cloud strategy. The opportunities to reshape the cloud are massive. We will do this through our uniquely differentiated approach, unparalleled commitment to customer success and focus on innovation. Cloud is not a destination, but instead an operating and consumption model. It is about paying only for what you need when you need it. It is about easily adopting and managing at the software and not infrastructure level. It is reducing time to market by streamlining the provisioning of capacity and functionality. DTCE is simplifying the hybrid cloud (private plus public) experience. If want to join the ‘ground-floor’ of a massive transformational effort and feel excited by the opportunity to lead a generational movement for ourselves and our customers – this role may be just the right opportunity for you!
As the Cloud Architect, you will be a primary driver that helps architect, design and develop Cloud Solutions and Services as well as the Dell Cloud Control Plane using micro-service based architecture that is deployed on a service-mesh using modern orchestration technologies. The Cloud Control Plane is the platform that creates unified cloud experience for Dell Technologies products, services and solutions. You will be accountable for the following:
Cloud Architecture and Design
- Research, validate and architect the cloud control plane using a micro-services based architecture creating architecture designs for the product
- Create and Architect solutions that are offered through the Cloud Control Plane and can be operated in cloud like fashion
- Collaborating with product management and business users.
Cloud Thought Leadership
- Provide thought leadership in cloud technologies for the Dell Technologies Cloud Engineering team.
- Be an advocate for customer requirements across Dell Technologies for Cloud Products and Services
- Mentor other members of Dell Cloud team
- Participate in design collaboration and code reviews
- Develop patents and publications
- At least 15 years of experience architecting and developing applications and/or solutions in the cloud using cloud native technologies preferably in AWS, GCP, Azure or private cloud.
- Deep understanding of Software Defined Services and how to implement ‘as a service’ offerings
- Good understanding on security implications in the cloud operating model
- In depth knowledge of virtualization, containers, service-mesh and enterprise service bus
- Knowledge of design patterns specifically for distributed computing
- Experience designing REST based APIs to expose and consume services.
- Experience designing and building high performance systems with scalability, availability, fault-tolerance, monitoring and serviceability
- Experience working with Infrastructure as a Code
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job ID: R068348