Vulnerability ResearcherAustin, Texas 02/25/2019
The Dell Security & Resiliency organization manages the security risk across all aspects of Dell’s business. We are currently experiencing incredible growth in order to meet the security needs of the world’s largest technology company. With team members located in over 15 countries, you will have an excellent opportunity to influence the security culture at Dell and further develop your career.
Dell is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We seek men and women who share our values, thrive in a team environment, and recognize the importance of accountability; people who strive to exceed expectations to ensure our Clients' success.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional hands-on vulnerability research skills, be a strong team player, and actively participate in a fast-paced and challenging global environment. Candidates must be able to work independently and demonstrate exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Responsible for discovering and exploiting vulnerabilities affecting Dell software and firmware
- Developing and maintaining tools to assist in vulnerability research and exploit development
- Participate in or work directly on, additional projects, assignments or initiatives as required
- Integrate information security controls into an environment to identify risks and reduce their impact
- Provides analysis of potential information security risks and recommend solutions
- Communicates information security procedures to the business
- Escalate issues to vendors, security team, and engineering through standard escalation processes
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or a related technical field or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years of Information Security experience
- 5+ years direct or equivalent experience in areas of vulnerability research, exploit development, reverse engineering and fuzzing
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Windows Operating Systems Internals (Kernel, Registry, File system, Windows APIs)
- Knowledge of Windows development (C/C++/C#) user mode and kernel mode applications
- Experience in vulnerability research, exploit development, reverse engineering and kernel debugging
- Competency with any of the following tools: User and kernel-mode debuggers (WinDbg, OllyDbg/Immunity Debugger), IDA Pro, Hex-Rays, Visual Studio, Driver Verifier
- Experienced programming using x86/x64 assembly C, C++, and Python (or a comparable scripting language)
- Familiar with the Metasploit framework
- Source code review for control flow and security flaws
- Have published security research or security bug
- Possess excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- - Customer-oriented with a strong interest in customer satisfaction
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dells team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Cybersecurity Job ID: R64135
Related Job Opportunities
- Network Security Advisor (SRO) Multiple Locations
- Cybersecurity Domain Architect (SRO) Multiple Locations
- Vulnerability Researcher (SRO) Texas
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.