Enterprise Solutions ArchitectNorth Ryde, Australia 03/06/2019
Senior Principle Engineer, Solutions Architect
Provides technical and business consultative services during the pre-sales and/or post-sales cycle from a delivery services perspective. May provide technical or business analytical leadership for specific product groups or business objectives in order to engage the customer or implement and maintain an engagement.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops strategies, policies and best practices for the customer.
- Develops and cultivates strong customer relationships ensuring a 'customer for life' relationship. Holds responsibility for achieving the Dell EMC Bar of Excellence as the highest level of Customer Satisfaction for every customer. Expected to have strong customer-facing skills including negotiation, conflict resolution, and crisis management.
- Adheres to and utilises proper Escalation and Change Control procedures. Prepares, maintains and submits activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports in accordance with published procedures.
- Stays current on technical specifications for hardware/software requirements of Dell Technologies and industry products through professional associations, trade journals, networking and associated training and seminars.
- Responsible for sharing information and best practices with others. Required to support and instruct less experienced co-workers, through training sessions or on-the-job mentoring.
- Maintains awareness of existing or potential customer situations related to the services being provided. Proactively alerts account management and sales team of potential problems and solutions.
- Provides technical escalation and leadership to team members as required to help resolve issues in the customer environment.
- Prepares technical architectural design documents for the technology and service solutions.
- Oversees the design of the technology solution and supports the installation, customisation and integration of the solution.
- Supports the design and development of the technical content defined in the Statement of Work.
- Works closely with the Project Manager to define project deliverable and schedules. Helps to identify and leverage EMC and Partner Resources in order to satisfy the technical needs and objectives of the service.
- Is the lead technical expert in the pre-sales qualification and is responsible for the delivery of the technical architectural design, strategies and plans that will be delivered in the engagement.
- Participates in the creation of proposals that address current and evolving client requirements. Develops and articulates solutions based on a customer's strategic business or technical requirements.
- Leads requirements gathering for project engagements.
- Leads project quality assurance activities, including performing technical QA reviews on components for a team and performing QA reviews of documentation.
- May supervise staff on project engagements in large projects where many technical people may be involved.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results.
- Customer focused.
- Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
- Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments.
- Project management skills.
- Possesses operational command of the business.
- Mentoring/Coaching skills.
- Architectural proficiency with Dell EMC Storage products, in particular VMAX, Unity, VNX, ECS and Cisco MDS.
- Architectural proficiency with Dell EMC DPS products, in particular Avamar and DPA.
- Architectural proficiency with Dell EMC and VMware Converged productions, in particular vSphere and the vRealize Suite.
- Understanding of Service Provider technology environments.
- EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
Education Required: Bachelors (Technical)
Job Family: Professional-Services Job ID: R67279
Related Job Opportunities
- Senior Engineer, Service Delivery - Storage North Ryde, Australia
- Analyst Services Program/Project Management North Ryde, Australia
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.