Senior Technical Support Engineer VCFBallincollig,Cork 01/22/2020
VMware's HCI solution VCF and Vxrail is growing fast and we are expanding our technical support team. VCF is a key component in VMware's vision of the software-defined datacenter (SDDC) and is a key product in our roadmap. This is a chance to position yourself at the heart of this sector with the industry leader in this field.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will be passionate about providing an excellent support experience to strategically important customers that have embraced this technology.
To be successful in the role, you must have a strong background in supporting enterprise level solutions andalso have an appetite to embrace new technologies. The right candidate will enjoy taking ownership of the support process from start to finish and maintaining a proactive customer first attitude throughout while developing excellent technical skills in VCF.
- Provide exceptional technical support to VCF customers via telephone, email and WebEx in fast paced and technically challenging situations.
- Responsible for scoping, diagnosing, reproducing and resolving technical queries in a timely manner while maintaining full ownership and a strong customer first attitude throughout the lifecycle of the query.
- Work collaboratively with escalation engineers and colleagues across various teams such as Escalation Management, Field Sales and Support to ensure the optimum technical solution and advice is provided to the customer.
- Troubleshoot and engage with the dedicated VCF engineering team on customer issues including identifying viable workarounds. Additionally participate in testing alpha and beta versions and provide feedback to Engineering.
- Ensure appropriate prioritization and escalation for impactful customer issues to determine the best outcome for the customer and drive a better customer experience with every interaction with the customer.
- Mentor and provide training to other team members on enterprise storage topics while continuing to develop own expertise in storage and virtualization technology.
- Embrace VMWare’s approach to knowledge sharing by linking to existing solutions and writing technical solutions for reuse throughout the organization and customer base.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills are essential in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations
- Strong work experience in different technical domains
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices
- Logical approach to problem solving
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Product Support
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-01-22
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job Family: Product-Support Engineering Job ID: R2001085