Technical Support Engineer
- Bangkok, Thailand
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Product Services team member?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Client Resolution Manager, South Asia (Thai Speaking)
Client Resolution Manager is responsible for the delivery of superior levels of customer service to Dell's ProSupport Client customers.
Able to meet individual and team metrics, the incumbent will be accountable for accurate and timely resolution management (technical and non-technical escalations) for Dell's client product and solutions range in accordance with Dell Technical Support guidelines. This role would include but not be limited to handling of customer escalations, mentoring of L2/QL/CTE/L1 technical staff and liaison with cross functional departments to ensure an effective resolution.Your ability to take total ownership of customer issues, and then resolving those to the satisfaction of both Dell and our Customer, will put you in good stead for this role.The ideal candidate will have a positive outward demeanor, always striving to overcome the odds, and lift those around them, motivating them to do well in spite of adversity. Your good work ethic and proven reliability, alongside the ability to work autonomously will help you succeed as you grow your footprint within Dell.
- Ensures a positive customer experience by providing oversight and management for customer’s technical and non-technical issues.
- Act as a focal point for escalated Customer cases providing regular updates to both customers and internal stakeholders and aligning sufficient resources to deliver timely resolutions.
- Take ownership and resolve escalated technical/non-technical issues per the performance measurement and criteria established in Dell Services and by the customer.
- Makes time sensitive, mission critical decisions that impact customer operations.
- Develops and delivers post incident reports on all critical support incidents.
- Continuous review of processes and seeking to remedy or improve any opportunities found.
- Maintain high level of Dell product and process knowledge.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Dell ProSupport deliverables
Essential Skill set:
- Excellent command of Thai/English and ability to effectively communicate at all levels (written and verbal), including an excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent soft skills and presentation skills are required, as this position will closely interact with the sales team, customers, and management.
- Excellent customer management skills in managing expectations and ensuring a high degree of customer experience.
- Excellent project management skills are required. Candidate must possess excellent task prioritizing and documentation skills.
- Ability to think laterally, possess strong problem solving, planning and prioritization skills.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of Desktop and Laptop hardware technology.
- Strong technical knowledge of current and previous Microsoft Operating systems and Office suites.
- Previous technical support experience in a hardware repair/ troubleshooting role.
- Be adaptable, accountable and flexible in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and multitasking simultaneous escalations.
- Be an advocate of a strong, cohesive team environment.
- Degree/diploma on IT related course
- At least 3 years of related working experience
- Advanced Desktop hardware knowledge; A+ certification desired.
- Microsoft, Linux or Unix certification preferable
- Basic networking knowledge (including WAN topology, mixed LAN/WAN operating system environments, DNS/WINS/DHCP, firewall solutions, and network load balancing);
- Basic knowledge of at least 2 of the following: Windows OS, RedHat Linux, Exchange, SQL, IIS, Proxy, Apache, Squid, SendMail, ASP, or XML.
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Bangkok Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.