Solution Engineer, Digital Workspace - Nordics
Primary Location: ESP
VMware is now in Barcelona and we are building our Digital Sales Centre right in the heart of Glóries, Barcelona’s booming tech HUB! The centre has the feel of a start-up environment while also sitting under the established and highly regarded VMware brand. If you want to build a career in software sales, this could be the place for you with over a hundred of international peers to help us shape what’s possible for the most advanced companies in the world.We’re excited to be opening our doors in Barcelona and we welcome you to explore how our innovative solutions are having a positive impact on customers and communities everywhere.
Digital Workspace at VMware is a fast-growing business that is revolutionizing the way businesses deliver and control devices and applications in enterprises across the work. VMware’s flagship platform of Workspace ONE has secured a market-leading position in the world of desktop and mobile infrastructure through rapid innovation.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative Digital Workspace products on the market? Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by demonstrating the power of software. We create extraordinary end-user experiences and build customer trust. Our sales team is responsible for driving new business; ensuring clarity in messaging; increasing audience engagement; supporting and promoting corporate strategy and initiatives; and developing, improving, and executing area business plans. Be a part of our Digital Workspace team, working with the industry-leading solutions, truly empowering end-users day to day working.
Job Responsibilities & Key Objectives
- Pre-sales support to ISRs, guiding VMware’s clients through their Digital Workspace transformation
- Enjoy presenting technical solutions, performing technical demonstrations, explaining the use cases, predominantly in teleconferences
- Articulate both business and technical benefits of our solution
- Lead the Proof Of Concepts (PoCs) for small/mid-sizedcustomers
- Coordinate the development and response to RFPs, as requested from Partners and ISRs
- Respond to ad-hoc technical questions from ISRs and partners
- Assist ISRs and partners with competitive info and objection handling - be up to date on the market and competitive landscape so we can help our customers make the right decision
- Provide customer and partner training
Skills & Requirements
- Native level of English or any Nordics language
- Experiences in customer-facing roles, such as Inside Sales Engineer, Systems Engineer Technical Marketing Engineer, Consulting Engineer, or Solution Architect
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, with the ability to effectively and energetically present technology and business propositions to customers, peers, and management
- Ability to understand and explain many different technologies and to communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms
- Strong listening, reasoning and objection handling skills
- You are effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- You are a self-starter, have strong interpersonal skills and possess excellent time management skills
- Bachelor or higher in Computer Science or Engineering is a plus
- Amazing office environment in the centre of Barcelona's tech HUB
- Being part of a rapidly-growing, international environment - we are currently over 100 colleagues and 30 nationalities from all over the world!
- Well established training plan, on-going coaching and real development opportunity (locally and globally)
- Competitive compensation + commissions
- Additional benefits, such as ticket restaurant, private health insurance, and gym allowance
- Team building events, such as company breakfast, summer- and Christmas parties, etc
- Volunteering events organized by the company
- Daily coffee, fresh fruits and beverages
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-01-15
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2100377