Senior Project Manager - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: ,Munich
VMware Professional Services influences the success of each VMware implementation. The Professional Services team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their digital strategy. The Professional Services team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning solution.
A new, fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced customer facing Senior Project Manager to join our growing project delivery practice, focusing on complex Modern Applications, Cloud and Mobility projects. This role will focus on complex multiple project management. The successful individual will have significant experience in managing complex projects; will be highly proficient in change management and managing the scope of projects. He or she will have experience managing both local and virtual teams and will come from a background where the project focus will have been on the hands-on implementation of technology solutions.
VMware Professional Services is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest Application Transformation, Software-Defined Datacenter or Digital Workspace technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other. We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey. Work for the global leader in cloud infrastructure and virtualization solutions
- Own successful delivery of waterfall and agile projects
- Engage with Customer and VMware stakeholders to identify/drive account growth opportunities
- Develop and maintain project management deliverables
- Define and manage overall project risks and take corrective action in a proactive manner to mitigate risks and prevent issues
- Work with resource managers, technical staff and business subject matter experts to orchestrate project delivery to ensure projects are delivered and executed in alignment with the overall project plan, driving customer outcomes, and customer satisfaction
- Direct and monitor work efforts on a daily basis, identify resource needs, perform quality review; and escalate functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately
- Provide clear and timely communication regarding the status of the project – schedule, budget, progress to date, risks etc. - to relevant stakeholders
- Follow VMware’s project management methodology and ensure that projects adhere to the defined methodology and stage gate process
- Strong work ethic and accountability
- Proven experience taking proactive lead and ownership of desired project outcome success
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- At least 5-9 years of technical project management experience in a Professional services organization
- Experience in customer-facing positions in a professional services or consulting project management role
- Comfortable to work from home the majority of time
- Comfortable to travel up to 50% if needed
- Fluent in German and English language
Certification and Education
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or demonstrated equivalent experience
- PMI, PRINCE2 or Scrum Master certified
Why Choose VMware?
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Project Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-01-15
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2019466