SeniorNetworking and Security Account Executive
Primary Location: ,Munich
The Sales Sepcialist within the Network and Security Business Unit (NS&A) is responsible for a coordinated sales approach with VMware’s NSX internal and external sales team. This extended team is driven to a common goal within a set number of Enterprise Accounts. The mission of this group is to broaden the reach of these accounts in order to ensure the VMware NS&A foothold across the assigned regions. Our solution set is viewed as a ‘platform’ within an account and changes the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a cost burden to a strategic deployment.
VMware’s NS&A Specialists sales team provides top-performing Sales professionals with a once in a lifetime opportunity to change the status quo. This revolutionary technology is the network virtualization platform for the Software Defined Data Center, by bringing the operational model of a virtual machine into the data center network. Backed by world-class Account Teams, Systems Engineering, Professional Service, Partner Channel, and Inside Sales teams, you will bring expertise to the team as we continue the growth of network virtualization. We seek out entrepreneurial Sales professionals to define and seize these opportunities in an environment energized by market momentum, industry leadership, and rapid business growth.
- Responsible for selling VMware NSX network virtualization and security solutions into Enterprise Accounts
- Drive account portfolio sales strategy and focus on top accounts and establish sales cadence with the corporate account team
- Adopt account portfolio sales strategy leveraging channel partners
- Responsibility to move the transaction through the entire sales cycle
- Drive virtualization adoption and identify new opportunities in Telco accounts
- Solidify existing customer accounts and elevate VMware to a more strategic position
- Match the VMware NSX solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- 5+ years related experience in datacenter software, network route/switch, network management, and/or network security based solutions
- Experience selling in an overlay or product sales specialist capacity
- Experience selling in both a direct and an indirect or channel driven model
- Experience leading a team of professionals in sales campaigns that include sales executives, field SE’s, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.
- Proven track record of success selling in a highly competitive environment
- BA/BS degree or higher, or equivalent job related experience
- Estimated travel of between 30% and 50% depending on the density and size of the territory
VMware NSX is a network virtualization platform that delivers the operational model of a virtual machine for the network. Virtual networks reproduce the network model in software, allowing complex multi-tier network topologies to be created and provisioned programmatically in seconds. NSX includes a library of logical networking services – logical switches, logical routers, logical firewalls, logical load balancers, logical VPN, QoS, and distributed security.
A self-service interface allows users to create custom combinations of these services in isolated software-based virtual networks that support existing applications without modification or deliver unique requirements for new application workloads. Similar to virtual machines in compute, virtual networks are programmatically provisioned and managed independent of networking hardware. Decoupling from hardware introduces agility, speed and operational efficiency that has transformed data center economics.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-05
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2102032