Inside Product Specialist
- Bayan Lepas, Malaysia
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and for each other.
What makes a successful Inside Product Specialist?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Relationship Oriented
- Effective Communicator
Inside Product Specialist
Bayan Lepas, Penang, Malaysia
We are looking for talented sales professional to be part of the APJ APOS sales organization to drive system warranty renewal business to sustain the supportability of the systems within the South Asia & Korea region :
- Selling Dell's support service offerings to retention, development, and acquisition customers via all sorts of communication means such as calls, emails, notifications, and even social media.
- Identifies renewal opportunities from point of sale (POS) service contracts within the ISR's defined region and points of contact for each account.
- Analyzing historical purchasing trends and service level mix to determine inconsistencies and potential upgrade opportunities.
- Promotes value proposition of upgrades/uplifts and renewals to maximize return on Dell EMC products and solution
- Devising new approaches / methods to selling Dell services at the same time to sell high, sell long and sell others.
- Strive towards exceeding quarterly sales target
- Receive customer calls directly and assist with requests
Effectively developing and maintaining working relationships with:
- Account set through efficient multitasking, planning and strong communication
- Responding to email requests and accumulating customer contact data and structure plans to decide on and present the best solution to the customer.
- Cross-functional teams such as tag team, technical support, custom SKU team and sales operations
- Funnel management and outlook responsibilities
- Interlock with Virtual Sales team: ISR, AE, ISM as required
Duties and Responsibilities
Drive to quote all quoting activity within each assigned account set. Once quotes are generated the opportunity is to be entered and managed through Salesforce.com.
At the beginning of each quarter, upon receipt of account set identifying systems coming off of POS warranties activities include:
- Gather and analyze data for each opportunity
- Work directly with each account team to understand the goals for each customer and collaboratively identify the best solution for the customer (upgrades/extensions or refreshing equipment)
- Overcome objections to effectively position APOS solutions with the account team and customer using the Dell Sales Model.
- Participate in team meetings; sales conference calls with customer and/or account teams to position APOS solutions and meet customers' goals; understand the strategy of Dell services and create clear and concise proposals and bids to entice customers to buy (be prepared to drive conference calls as needed, effectively using listening, planning, negotiation and communication skills to close business)
Respond to inbound requests from internal and external customers, and effectively manage relationships by efficient multitasking to research tag numbers and system expiration dates, and creating quotes within a specific time period to meet service level agreements.
Pipeline and Tool Management: Maintain accurate and up-to-date pipeline by ensuring that each opportunity is included in the pipeline as it is identified and moving opportunities in a timely manner to appropriate status as the deals are completed or lost, thus ensuring accurate forecasting for APOS.
APOS sales members are hardworking individuals who use numerous Dell systems to achieve their goals. Gii, Salesforce.com, Delta, Renew On Demand, APOS NextGen, Warranty Email Notifications are just some of the main tools used.
Ability to work with ambiguity and effect prioritization is a must.
- Command in English language & email communication proficiency
- Knowledge with Microsoft Excel
- +1 year Sales Experience preferred
- Ability to transverse in other language such as Thai, Korean, Mandarin is a plus.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to get to the heart of ground-breaking products and champion innovation as an expert, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2020.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Bayan Lepas Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well-done and investing in our team member's professional development filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.