Technical Support Engineer 2 (Networking)
- Bayan Lepas, Malaysia
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Product Services team member?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Daily: a front-line position who provides timely response to customer issues, using all Dell resources to quickly and accurately diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair customer's servers or escalate to the appropriate team.
- Daily/Weekly: Actively support the customer in problem resolution by
- Answering customer communications in a timely fashion
- Identify and resolve issues affecting customers' Servers, Storage , EMC
- Track the details of changes made and solutions provided to resolve customer issues in the specified tracking tool.
- Daily/Weekly: Take proactive role in Technical Support call avoidance by identifying known problems and documenting the resolution in the form of PRDs.
- As Required: Maintain/enhance skill levels according to future technology trends.
- Daily/Weekly: Maintain customer database to ensure customer information is up to date and accurate:
- Customer contact
- Hardware/Software revision
- Detailed description of the problem
- Detailed steps for resolution
- Degree in Computer Science / IT related discipline with at least 2-3 years related working experience.
- 2-3 years experience in call center environment
- Intermediate server hardware knowledge (including SCSI, RAID, I/O topology , backup ); A+, MCSE, CCNA, RHCE certification desired.
- Networking knowledge is a MUST have (including WAN topology, mixed LAN/WAN operating system environments, DNS/WINS/DHCP, firewall solutions, and network load balancing); Cisco certification desired.
- Advanced knowledge of at least 2 of the following: NT, W2K, RedHat Linux, Exchange, SQL, IIS, Proxy, Apache, Squid, SendMail, Clustering, Site Server, ASP, or XML.
- Strong language competencies in English
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Bayan Lepas Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.