Junior Java/Server Software Engineer
- Bedford, Massachusetts
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Software Engineer?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Junior Java/Server Software Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Junior Java/Server Software Engineer on our Software Engineering team in Bedford, Massachusetts.
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Immediate opportunity for a passionate and talented Java Software Engineer to join a small team of software professionals. The team is responsible for developing software for the secure manufacturing infrastructure that enables high volume production of information security products. This engineer will be engaged in all aspects of the development lifecycle including architecture, design, implementation, release, deployment, and support.
- Work closely with Manufacturing, Product Development, Architecture, IT, and Security organizations to develop and maintain software for server, database, and desktop applications.
- Development of high quality software utilizing unit test and Test Driven Development methods
- Write software requirements and design specifications.
- Contribute to architecture design and decisions.
- Analyze requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates, and work with the cross-functional team to meet project milestones.
- Develop new manufacturing software for New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Review design, test plan, code, and documentation
- Fix defects in released software
- Provide on-call support to resolve software and Production issues escalated by the Manufacturing group.
- Assist with SQL Database design, support, implementation, and maintenance.
- 2+ years of software development work experience
- Experience in Java and J2EE environment, Spring framework, Eclipse, JUnit, Log4j and Web Services
- Programming experience with JDBC and MSSQL
- Experience with software development lifecycle frameworks including Agile (Scrum), Waterfall, and test driven development.
- Experience with Tomcat application server desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Closing date: March 31, 2020.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering RSA Software-Engineer
Job ID: R048795
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Bedford Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.