To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Senior Director, Treasury
Bedford, MassachusettsApply Now
The Treasurer provides stewardship for financial assets and debt including overall leadership of the cash management, debt management and investment management functions. The Treasurer understands the business and manages the financial risks including operational, interest rate, and credit risk. The Treasurer supervises specialized staff and communicates with financial professionals within and outside the organization optimizing the capital structure, and managing liquidity strategies to ensure financial viability and performance. The Treasurer is expected to provide robust and timely advice and reporting to company leadership and outside investors.
- Develop treasury policies, programs and reporting systems. Ensure controls and standards are adequate to safeguard company assets. Assist and support the CFO with development and strategies and implementation of short-and-long financial plans and strategies.
- Manage and ensure accuracy and timeliness of debt and cash financial information, including cash forecasting and related accrual accounts. As needed, develop accounting and statistical data. Review consolidated monthly financial statements.
- Manage and optimize capital structure in to meet strategic plan goals. Ensure that the financial resources of the organization meet its present and future needs based on company financial projections. Advise leadership on the financial implications of strategic plans and initiatives.
- Work with the executive team to monitor, manage and communicate information to stakeholders concerning strategies, operations and financial risk factors that will impact company valuation.
- Work with CFO as well as with financial community, investors, bankers and/or shareholders to represent the Company in requests for information, and to provide analysis of company financial status and strategies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the financial community - including banks, rating agencies, lenders, and other sources for financing and credit.
- Develop, implement and oversee any required interest rate, currency and/or Foreign Exchange hedging operations to support company operations.
- Responsible for internal / external customer financing and credit programs.
- Ensure compliance with financial arrangements-loans, bond covenants and all compliance certificates.
- Provide oversight of required treasury-related systems.
- Lead company-wide risk management and insurance activities.
- Collaborate with the Controller to support financial operations and reporting.
- Ability to effectively lead a team of finance professionals through complex change. Build the skill sets of
- Provide treasury guidance on new business initiatives.
- Oversee, approve and present treasury budgets, accounts and financial statements.
- Ensure that the organization has an appropriate investment policy.
- Monitor the organization’s investment activity and ensure consistency with the organization’s policies and legal responsibilities.
- Ability to demonstrate solid, independent judgment.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Areas of expertise:
- Treasury and Cash Management
- Risk management and insurance
- Financial Reporting, accounting processes, procedures, and internal controls.
- Financial modeling, spreadsheets and report preparation.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Professional experience in both public accounting and public/private corporations.
- Ability to develop and implement ‘Best Practice” processes to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, including the ability to articulate clearly and conduct verbal presentations.
- Ability to travel by car and/or plane. Travel is approximately 10-15%.
- Based in Bedford, MA
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required
- CPA preferred
- MBA strongly preferred.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of senior level, progressively responsible experience in treasury, accounting and finance management with an international company.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience operating in the Treasury function of a multi-national corporation with annual revenues greater than $500M.
- Proven people management and development skills with both subordinates and superiors.
Job ID: R065202