Senior Data Scientist
Primary Location: Beer Sheba, Israel
Senior Data Scientist
Data Science is all about breaking new ground to enable businesses to answer their most urgent questions. Pioneering massively parallel data-intensive analytic processing, our mission is to develop a whole new approach to generating meaning and value from petabyte-scale data sets and shape brand new methodologies, tools, statistical methods and models. What’s more, we are in collaboration with leading academics, industry experts and highly skilled engineers to equip our customers to generate sophisticated new insights from the biggest of big data.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Senior Data Scientist on our Data Science team in Beer Sheba.
What you’ll achieve
Our team develops new methodologies, capabilities and tools to enable advanced modeling and statistical analysis of business data and very often, very large business data. Our Data Science team works with prospects and internal customers to prove the analytical capabilities of Dell’s technology in generating business insights from big data.
A member of our Data Science team is charged with understanding and prioritizing our business and customers’ most urgent data driven problems and opportunities and use advanced mathematical methods and models to provide answers.
- Work, under little to no supervision on tight schedule projects, with internal and external teams to understand customer requirements and develop proposals and data-driven, AI solutions to address to those requirements
- Perform end-to-end steps involved in solution development, while establishing subject-matter expertise in key horizontal or vertical themes. Steps include preliminary data exploration and data preparation steps, variable/algorithm selection, model development/validation and scoring. Horizontal themes include: Marketing Analytics, Operations Research, Text Analytics, Graph Analytics, Hadoop, etc. Vertical themes include: Financial Services, Retail/CPG, Energy, Life Sciences, etc.
- Independently develop and drive the model development lifecycle, testing of algorithms' efficacy (i.e., by applying to test/sampled data and assessing accuracy/fit/predictive strength) for differing analytical use-cases
- Develop and apply a broad range of techniques and theories from statistics, machine learning, and business intelligence to deliver actionable business insights to prospects and customers based on large-scale data
- Communicate and explain results and insights to business executives throughout projects’ life cycle
- Join in defining of project use-cases, scope definition, and ongoing interaction with customers and business partners to provide status updates and shares analytical insights
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 2+ years relevant industry experience / 4+ years academic experience
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, Math or related disciplines
- Experience with the data science toolbox, i.e:
- Programming and Scripting skills (C, C++, C#, Java, Python, Bash, etc)
- Big Data technologies (Apache Spark, GreenPlum DB, Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc)
- Analytics platforms (R, SaS, Octave/Matlab, etc)
- Visualization tools (MatplotLib, ggplot, Tableau, D3, Processing, etc)
- Customer focused & Problem solving skills
- Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge
- Statistical analysis and mathematical skills
- Strives for professional development
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.