Senior SW Quality Engineer - Beer Sheva
Primary Location: Beer Sheba, Israel
Senior Software Quality Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a senior SW Quality Engineer on our scale team in Beer Sheva.
Our scale team ensures that our next-generation storage is of the highest quality. We conduct a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that our software meets or exceeds end-user requirements. We debug software and hardware products, oversee the development of test plans, ensure system tests are documented, analyze the results, provide feedback to developers and make sure that all problems are resolved. We also select testing specifications for new products and ensure testing procedures comply with industry-specific standards.
What you’ll achieve
In this position you will work as part of an R&D Group, developing Mid-Range Storage product within aggressive project schedules. You will be a part of the quality organization, working closely with all counterparts within the quality organization, as well as the development teams through program cycles to deliver enterprise-level quality software. Your responsibilities will include:
- Participating in requirements gathering, defining test methodologies and tools, designing test plans and test cases;
- writing, maintaining, and executing manual and automatic tests and delivering high quality system to our customers.
- You will own responsibility for delivering high quality features on time, together with other owners in the development, architecture and product groups.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- At least 5 years’ experience in testing enterprise-level software
- Hands-on experience with End to End manual testing of distributed systems / client-server architecture.
- Working with operating systems (Linux – Mandatory, VMWare – desirable)
- Networking hands-on knowledge
- Proven ability to design test plans and test cases, develop and execute complex test scenarios within multi-platform environments
- Team player with Self-learning ability and sense of responsibility to follow through his/her tasks
- Coding or Scripting abilities
- Hands on in or understanding of the concepts of storage (LVM, File systems, etc.…)
- Experience testing Storage / File Systems products Familiar with Storage concepts / File systems technologies
- Advanced User level Familiarity with virtualization technologies (at least one of the following: VMware / Hyper-V / Xen / KVM)
- Hands-on experience in networking.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: DD Month YYYY
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R095005